Identifying Engine Electronics HDJ81 (1HD-FT w/ EGR) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

scheme

SILVER Star
Threads
Looking through my (late model 1995) engine (1HD-FT w/ EGR) bay I found a few electrical connectors that are loose and am curious about their purpose. Should I be concerned any of these are out of place?

Or, if anyone has access to a late model 1995 HDJ81 1HD-FT w/ EGR service manual, that would be amazing... I was unable to source one through my searches.

h8cp1.jpg
h8cp2.jpg
h8cd1.jpg
h8cd2.jpg
h8cd3.jpg

Looking through my (late model 1995) engine (1HD-FT w/ EGR) bay I found a few electrical connectors that are loose and am curious about their purpose. Should I be concerned any of these are out of place?

Or, if anyone has access to a late model 1995 HDJ81 1HD-FT w/ EGR service manual, that would be amazing... I was unable to source one through my searches.

View attachment 3231268View attachment 3231270View attachment 3231271View attachment 3231273View attachment 3231275

That's where your ABS module would be...if it had ABS, which it probably doesn't. Why Toyota chose to keep these connections in place anyway is a mystery.

Easy way to verify is by looking at your master cylinder - should have 2 lines coming out, not 3.

Edit: I of course failed to look through all your photos and see that your master cylinder has 2 lines. Doh!

That's where your ABS module would be...if it had ABS, which it probably doesn't. Why Toyota chose to keep these connections in place anyway is a mystery.

Easy way to verify is by looking at your master cylinder - should have 2 lines coming out, not 3.

Edit: I of course failed to look through all your photos and see that your master cylinder has 2 lines. Doh!
Interesting, thanks for the information. So are the connectors listed conn6-conn9 all for ABS?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom