Identifying Control on IP 1968 FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Would someone please tell me what this control is for, and where the cable end connects?

1625523197411.png

Cannot find information in my service manual.

Believe that is the symbol for the choke. Should also be a throttle cable/knob on a 68. That would show the baffle vertical. My choke and throttle cable are in another location. Have my original 68 cable there.

Definitely not the choke. The choke is to the left of this knob.
1625569892886.png

It is supposed to have something to do with the 4WD, but I cannot find information anywhere. Perhaps it is for the throttle?

Ordering an owners manual, may be in there?

Hand Throttle control

You probably have a PTO, correct?

I believe the hand throttle and PTO usually go “hand in hand”.

Quite sure that’s a hand throttle knob at least.

This has nothing to do with a heater or PTO. 68 a hand throttle was standard on all FJ40s in the US. Wasn't until the 70 model it was use with a PTO. Rest of the 70 model had a chrome plug. This is not rocket science. Both the upper left knobs should go the carburetor. Originally the one on the left should have been the choke but the symbol looks like the throttle. Pull the cable one at a time. One should move the accelerator same as the gas pedal the other the choke butterfly at the top of the carburetor. I would suggest exploring how your 68 operates verses asking questions online. They really aren't that complicated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom