Identify this frame (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Someone posted this pic on Difflock in the Lada Niva forum. The seller told the prospective buyer it is 2 ladas frames joined together but they dont have frames,they are monocoque.

Its from Canada and I think its a stretched BJ70 or maybe a FJ60 frame(gasser because of the 3 fuel lines;))with another axle added. You can see the splice in the frame.
It looks like they were going to use coils.
Any other opinions?

4908_178376_2.jpg

looks like a 70 series e/brake mount and that looks like a 79 series rear pumkin...
stretched 79 series truck frame?

looks like a 70 series e/brake mount and that looks like a 79 series rear pumkin...
stretched 79 series truck frame?

I considered that but they are not common there,maybe an ex mine truck?
Pumkin looks like the one in my 75 series.

Last edited:
I think somebody has the pictures mixed up. The Cruiser 6x6 mod is pretty common in OZ and clearly that's what the frame picture is of. The mysterious Lakehead Niva project is not related to it at all other than it also has six wheels. The Lada guy likey really did just weld a couple Nivas together without a frame. (I grew up a little west of there and saw weirder things.)

I think somebody has the pictures mixed up. The Cruiser 6x6 mod is pretty common in OZ and clearly that's what the frame picture is of. The mysterious Lakehead Niva project is not related to it at all other than it also has six wheels. The Lada guy likey really did just weld a couple Nivas together without a frame. (I grew up a little west of there and saw weirder things.)

Plot thickens. I agree you would have to have a thick hide to claim that is 2 nivas joined togetherLOL

Is the lakehead niva yellow?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom