Identify this engine bracket? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
We are finally putting the intake, exhaust and carb side of the engine back together after about 2+ months and have this one bracket that we don’t remember where it goes..... Can anyone help on this one? 😬

5F686ECA-FCFD-4938-8CDD-10C3ECC7375A.jpeg

Is it by chance the bracket that attaches to the exhaust downpipe down near the firewall?

There's a bracket that looks something like that that holds the PCV hose coming up out of the intake manifold- but I don't recall if it looks just like that

I'm not with my 60 right now and this is bugging me.

I'm thinking it might be the bracket that holds the temp sensor for the carb cooling fan. That's a wild guess though.

I'm not with my 60 right now and this is bugging me.

I'm thinking it might be the bracket that holds the temp sensor for the carb cooling fan. That's a wild guess though.

i just had a look at my truck which I have the intake and exhaust off of. I think the bracket that holds the temp sensor is smaller and pretty well attached to the hard line of the PCV pipe.

@OSS I feel like that bracket you are referring to might be it. I’ll take a look at the intake in the back of my truck.

Ok these are the two brackets mentioned so far. One is for pcv and the other the temp sensor.
D4E5FA6E-C641-4470-BF8D-5CCE6640FB63.jpeg
54B418C8-E4E8-46C6-83DD-41C9D82ABAB2.jpeg

Hi, yes all smog still in place. And dang it, I've got those 2 brackets already installed.

I am fully desmogged and I’m thinking that your bracket is part of that assembly that mounts to the drivers side inner fender which holds all the hoses and valves for the air pump system. I kept all that stuff but most of it is in storage. Maybe someone can snap a photo for you if their truck in that area.

Last edited:
Ever figure this out? I’m in the same boat. No idea where that goes.

It secures the power steering hardline, but tje clamp part is missing.

I don't think that support is really even needed unless you're constantly on roads where there's a lot of vibration. Probably there to reduced vibes on the high-side PS line and then possibly cracking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom