Identify these Tamiya Paris-Dakar Wheels? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone know if the wheels on this model ever existed in real life? If so, does anyone have images of them?

Screen Shot 2021-01-28 at 2.13.07 PM.png

Thanks. Having a custom set made for our 200 series, and just trying to give the shop the best references possible.

A deep dish wheel like in the first picture would not be very strong for off road use. At least needs some ribs in the barrel portion.

A deep dish wheel like in the first picture would not be very strong for off road use. At least needs some ribs in the barrel portion.
The dish wouldn't work with modern offsets. Just trying to see if these actually existed, and if so, if there's a photo.

The older Eagle Alloy 058 in 15x10 are as close as you'll get:

eaglewheels2.jpg
eaglewheels3.jpg

I like the look of those too, so put something similar on my LJ78:

IMG_20201111_113756945.jpg

Easily manufactured. I can get you in touch with someone to design, cut and polish/coat if you'd like. Image makes it appear as if they are a two piece wheel.

Easily manufactured. I can get you in touch with someone to design, cut and polish/coat if you'd like.
I'm good thanks. Hopefully pulling off a pretty cool project that will be very relevant to other 200 owners. Appreciate everyone's help here, mostly just trying to refine style guidance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom