Identify a seat part (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jjdeneen918

SILVER Star
Threads
Like the title says, I don’t know the name of this splined shaft seat part.

Does anyone know the name so I can better search?
Anyone know where I could source the part?
Anyone have one for sale?

Thanks!
-Jeff

4BFCDB27-87C1-4D5F-8AAC-CEF5D12B30C2.jpeg
2B6E5870-CFA0-4E23-9A4B-938690A0E918.jpeg

There is no way to get it separately from Toyota. You have to buy the whole gear unit assembly if you want a new one.

There is no way to get it separately from Toyota. You have to buy the whole gear unit assembly if you want a new one.

I’m totally good with used. 😉

Toyota probably want $800 for a complete assembly.

:censor:

You can replace with an all metal option but is an unproven option.

And for more information check out this thread:

And this vendor website:

Kind of new to this so would like to clarify:

the housing (72206-30040) includes the gear that is referred to in the eBay listing and the Gamiviti listing?

If so, what type of material is the gear in 72206-30040 made of?

I don’t mind spending an extra hundred bucks 72206-30040 if the gear may be of better quality and either last longer, sound better, or function easier.

Thanks for any guidance!

Kind of new to this so would like to clarify:

the housing (72206-30040) includes the gear that is referred to in the eBay listing and the Gamiviti listing?

If so, what type of material is the gear in 72206-30040 made of?

I don’t mind spending an extra hundred bucks 72206-30040 if the gear may be of better quality and either last longer, sound better, or function easier.

Thanks for any guidance!
There are many many threads related to "seat gears" on this forum. I suggest doing a search.
There is an excellent tutorial for replacement of the seat gears using the Gamiviti products here:

However, what Ryan does not mention is the need to clean out all the 20+ year old grease in the gear boxes that has now turned into glue. This is the primary reason for seat gear failure.
Once the gear boxes are cleaned, gears replaced, gear boxes filled with fresh white lithium grease, worm gears cleaned and greased, the seats work as new. There is no need to replace the entire mechanism as opposed to just some basic maintenance once every 20 years or so.

There are many many threads related to "seat gears" on this forum. I suggest doing a search.
There is an excellent tutorial for replacement of the seat gears using the Gamiviti products here:

However, what Ryan does not mention is the need to clean out all the 20+ year old grease in the gear boxes that has now turned into glue. This is the primary reason for seat gear failure.
Once the gear boxes are cleaned, gears replaced, gear boxes filled with fresh white lithium grease, worm gears cleaned and greased, the seats work as new. There is no need to replace the entire mechanism as opposed to just some basic maintenance once every 20 years or so.

Yah thanks. Have read most those threads and not questioning the install process but rather the material.

if the the entire mechanism can be purchased for $120.00 and includes a gear that is of better quality I may decide to go that route. (I’ve read aftermarket gears can be more noisy and experienced the same “woom,Woom,woom,” others refer to )

I’ve also read about the grease issue. Interesting how some trucks the seats still function perfectly. May be if seats go a long time without adjustment the grease tends to harden. Just like a lot of things it’s good to exercise these moving components to keep them in good working order.

I’ve read aftermarket gears can be more noisy and experienced the same “woom,Woom,woom,” others refer to
I think there are many other things to concern yourself with than the noise that a seat makes when adjusting it in a 23+ year old vehicle, but that's just me.

Also, part# 72206-30040 is only 1 of the 2 gearboxes per seat. The other one is part of the motor assembly and is part# 85820-30220 and is about $425.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom