Ideas/pictures of clean front 80 bumper? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That is a beautiful bumper, Murf. Did you build it?

Thanks! A local guy here in mid-phoenix does the fab work. I first met him through some co-workers who used him for their fab work. He originally made up my rear made-to-order rear bumper/tire carrier and I liked it so much I thought Id have him build my front. The build process is cool to watch see it develop and tweak around ideas as you go. (he thickened and enlarged the pull points after this pic)

He is good at what he does. He has built custom rails, suspensions, full off-road custom jobs. He is a younger guy and works out of a large shop in his back yard. He has access to plasma cutters, etc.

Another guy in our local LC chapter (Copper State Cruisers) has had a couple things built by him as well. He opted for a rear bumper and custom swing out ladder/jerry can set up that turned out sweet.
2010-05-20 21 29 08.jpg

Last edited:
Murf,

Nice job!

BTW, any details on your HID light installation???

Murf,

Nice job!

BTW, any details on your HID light installation???

Thanks! The light is mounted to a welded tab and has enough room in the round housing for aim adjustments. The nut on the bottom gets loosened and it can be aimed L,R or up and down. The tubes were made a bit bigger to allow this.

Originally I wanted to mount the light on the outside of where the pull points are on the bumper. I changed my mind once I saw how hard the lights wouldve been to reach in that location. The bottom part of the bumper where it wraps under made it very hard to get your hands in there if not impossible. The flat front of the bumper needed the lines broken up anyway...
light.jpg
light2.jpg

I'm bumping this from the dead in hopes of some new ideas?

Built by me, powder coated in zinc rich primer and then a textured satin. 65 individual pieces

009_zpsaf71b9da.jpg

002_zps18c6c013.jpg

001_zps03caac1b.jpg

Resurrection!
Anyone know about the bumpers in this article? All it says is they are Custom Diesels aluminum bumpee

That IS a good looking front bumper and aluminum would be a great option for weight. I couldn't find it either via google. You could try the company that built the truck and ask them where they got it from?

*** CUSTOM BIODIESELS ***

I would think that bumper in aluminum would sell very well!

Resurrection!
Anyone know about the bumpers in this article? All it says is they are Custom Diesels aluminum bumpers. These look perfect to me..needs a tire carrier on the rear though.

131_1003_12%2bcummins_powered_1994_toyota_land_cruiser%2bfront_bumper.jpg

131_1003_02%2bcummins_powered_1994_toyota_land_cruiser%2btaillights.jpg

Cummins Powered 1994 Toyota Land Cruiser - 4-Wheel & Off-Road Magazine

It is similar to my TJM 15(maybe 17, it's been 12-14 years since I bought it) bumper. Mine is aluminum. I know they sell them in steel now but not sure if they still sell them in aluminum. Mine is pretty banged up from over the years but I took it off and best on it with a hammer this past winter and "straightened" it out a bit. Looks ok. It probably weighs in the neighborhood of 40lbs. And is surprisingly stout...for aluminum.

It held up to a CJ7 rolling downhill backwards in to it.

Here's mine. It's not perfect, but I think it fits the criteria. Clean, no winch, and good approach angle, right?

Clean:

AA431ECD-2AFC-4BA3-9421-92BD0FBC531E_zpsiicef9fq.jpg

45BE1D0F-03B0-48A0-BF85-10DE73FBCC3B_zpsbsxwadwq.jpg

Approach angle:

0C9FBDAC-551E-48F6-82DA-86AF02408CEC_zpsj4yw9ire.jpg

(315/75/16 Duratracs on an OME medium lift)

this is mine,was a genuine toyota alloy bullbar..i cut all the hoops off..ppl give them away in australia.
IMG_4783.JPG
P1070517 (1).jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom