Ideas/pictures of clean front 80 bumper? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

murf

Lifer
Threads
There are not many options out there for clean looking front non-winch mount front bumpers.

I like the Slee short bus, if he only made it with a non-winch option.

The unavailable TJM was kind of what Im looking for but it is pretty square and without too much shape. On the other hand, the 100 series TJM front bumper looks great and is more along the lines of what Im thinking of. Without any Roos to hit here in AZ, I dont really need the big bull bars.

Another thing for the wish list would be a unit that would hug the body more than the current ARB for better approach angle. Wondering of there are any pics along the lines of the above out there for some ideas?

Edit: After alot of great input from this thread :cheers: and two months later, the bumper was finally built as seen on post #53.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Why not just give Bump-it a call and see what he can whip up?

I have a Metaltech and I really like it. While it can fit a winch, it doesn't look horrible without it. Check them out. Pretty light, but strong design

Last edited:
Thanks everyone - alot of great ideas! Keep em coming

I have a Metaltech and I really like it. While it can fit a winch, it doesn't look horrible without it. Check them out. Pretty light, but strong design

It's hard to check them out when they have nothing on their site for the 80 series.

I found this one on an aussie site:

tube bar3.jpg

Offroad 80's • View topic - tube bars making at work
tube bar3.jpg

attachment.php

These are my two favorites so far. The bottom one almost looks like an idea I have of taking my existing ARB and cutting the hoops off, trimming and moving the bumper back into the body. With all the work involved on modding the ARB, It may be just as easy to fab one up from scratch and sell the ARB. I have a fab guy Ill be working with so these pictures help with the idea. The same thing we did on my rear bumper.

So.. I wonder how much a used ARB is worth??
IMG_1660.jpg

Have you wandered through this thread for ideas? There are some pretty cool options. Also some pretty ugly creations too!

https://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-tech/77508-forum-members-front-bumpers.html

If you see something you like, take a picture to a competent fabricator and he should be able to make something to your liking.

Yea, I found this link last night - like you said, its loaded with pictures. Great stuff!

ERG80: I couldnt find Darwin1's bumper picture but you nailed it with the Blarsen picture. :cheers:

IMG_1660.jpg

X2 .. both are great bumpers .. clean and good looking, wonder if this one ( in the pic ) will be too heavy ? ( sure less than a complete ARB )

Sorry, I didnt clarify. I already have a non-winch ARB but want something withour the hoops like the pictures I mentioned. ill be having it built with 1/4 inch wall vs the ARB 3/16ths so the weight I lose drpping the hoops/bull bar part will be offset by the heavier plating.

What I have now:

murf-albums-cruiser-picture11474-florence-junction-group-run-nov-09.jpg

This is the stubby thing I bitched together.

DSC02188.jpg

DSC01016.jpg

D

Let me know if you decide to sell and not mod the ARB. :hmm:

Im sure Id have to sell it local. the shipping would be cost prohibitive I would imagine!

Here is a pic of my bumper. Had a guy right down from me weld it up. I wanted the hoops so he added them. He is making one for another one of the guys on here too.

042.jpg

So who makes the bumper in the upper photo?
attachment.php

These are my two favorites so far. The bottom one almost looks like an idea I have of taking my existing ARB and cutting the hoops off, trimming and moving the bumper back into the body. With all the work involved on modding the ARB, It may be just as easy to fab one up from scratch and sell the ARB. I have a fab guy Ill be working with so these pictures help with the idea. The same thing we did on my rear bumper.

IMG_1660.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom