Ideas on where to mount a CO2 tank retainer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone have any pics on how they mounted/secured a 10lb CO2 tank for their rig?
I have a bracket but open to ideas.
Thx!
:cheers:

I had mine bolted to the right rear 3rd row rear metal location.

However no matter how (tight) I had it down it had just enough play to make something pop when I tried to flex and see how secure it was with the tank in it.

I removed my 3rd row again and will try and tackle the project this weekend.

I'll post a picture of what I am talking about this weekend.

I had two holes in my tank bracket that lined up perfectly and I just had to drill one out to remove the paint.

It had the tank facing kind of at a nice angle once you dropped the tailgate and looked great.

I really need to get it solved though.

2D32BB8C-A576-42BE-B460-6CE7A48B1911.jpeg

bump... Anyone figure this out?

I'm strongly considering building my own CO2 tank similar to a Power Tank but way less expensive, but I don't want to bother unless I have a good idea where I can securely mount this. I don't like the idea of something that big and heavy getting loose and rolling around in the back, or worse yet becoming a projectile if I were in a wreck. If I ever build a drawer system in the back, I can figure out how to make a mount part of that solution, but for now I need to figure something out with just a stock LC (3rd row removed).

bump... Anyone figure this out?

I'm strongly considering building my own CO2 tank similar to a Power Tank but way less expensive, but I don't want to bother unless I have a good idea where I can securely mount this. I don't like the idea of something that big and heavy getting loose and rolling around in the back, or worse yet becoming a projectile if I were in a wreck. If I ever build a drawer system in the back, I can figure out how to make a mount part of that solution, but for now I need to figure something out with just a stock LC (3rd row removed).
Same. I have a tank but made the mistake of not checking to see if anyone in town fills them...nobody does. Closest place is an hour round trip drive. Got a VIAIR 400P, it'll have to do I guess. If anyone is interested in purchasing a tank let me know, I can post some pics. I half want to keep it and half want to sell it. Seems like such a cool way to refill, just a bummer about no local CO2 access.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom