Ideas for front & rear bumper for 2014 LX570 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I bought a 2014 LX 570 with 75K on the clock now have 85K and want to convert to a Overland vehicle changing the wheels to 17 " from the factory 20" and changing the F& R bumpers to an offload style for winch and dual swing out spare . My nextdoor neighbor has a 100 series he added the Dissent front bumper no winch and I thought it lacked the finished look as much of the undercarriage on the sides seemed exposed and unfinished . I know weight is a factor to consider in Overland builds is key but the bumper seemed unfinished ,there is electrical cables and uncovered brackets visible where as the newer CBI stealth 2022 smaller bumper with winch consideration fits the contours of the LX series like it should . I realize going down the Rabbit hole Overlanding a Lexus is a journey cutting off trim for the sliders and bumpers , mudflaps etc and overall cost consideration taboos but there must be some better options out there . call me Crazy but need help from the guys that have been down this road .

PS the 100 series of my neighbors truck with the Dissent bumper did not have any metal panels below the bumper line as seen on Bigbad rad Dad's LX with the dissent bumper. Maybe this is an option my neighbor did not get ordered on his !

Shout out to AZLK for helping me shorten my travels on my wheel and tire upgrade !! Cheers Mike

Last edited:
Best advice is to read some build threads and get a feel for what you want to do.

Overlanding is not a goal, it’s a journey and you’re the driver. Your path will be different from others.

As for bumpers, I fit a Rival4x4 tlc frontt to my LX and think it worked out well. My first major mod was the rear bumper. There are several rears that are available for the Lx with dual swing, but you might ask yourself if you really need two spares.

There's some mighty fine examples if you haven't already found the LX picture thread stickied at the top? Personally, I consider Dissent bumpers as one of the more refined and finished kits on the market. All of them, to some degree, are not going to have the finish that stock provides. That's just a reality. Though I do see what you're saying about the 100-series.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom