ID rear heater line runs along firewall (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
While replacing the heater valve and PHH I saw a very corroded heater line that runs along the drivers side firewall. Any ideas on how to replace this? I can’t tell where it runs to next. Want to keep the rear heater, but don’t wanna drop the tranny to fix it.

BBAEB7DA-2C34-4F0C-9EF0-4879DCFB5754.jpeg

6C4F3D02-65F7-4C80-85D2-2C0078F762AD.jpeg

80349F9C-AF4A-4459-934C-3CC5159E821B.jpeg

I think the part you're referring to is:
Toyota Part No.: 87209-60301
HOSE SUB-ASSY, WATER, B

I recently replaced a ton of heating hoses and some hardline, including Sub-assy, Water, C of the rear heater system (87209-60441), but I left Sub-assy B alone because it didn't look too bad and replacement looked nearly impossible with the engine/transmission in the vehicle. I decided that I could carefully replace that section of hardline with a pair of high quality heater hoses (and secure them properly!) if I need to later.

I really like my rear heat since I often have rear seat passengers and use the vehicle for ski trips in the winter. Nearly all of the resources talk about bypassing the rear heater completely, but it was really unappealing to me to remove a feature like this.

Last edited:
I left Sub-assy B alone because it didn't look too bad and replacement looked nearly impossible with the engine/transmission in the vehicle. I decided that I could carefully replace that section of hardline with a pair of high quality heater hoses (and secure them properly!) if I need to later.

I really like my rear heat since I often have rear seat passengers and use the vehicle for ski trips in the winter. Nearly all of the resources talk about bypassing the rear heater completely, but it was really unappealing to me to remove a feature like this.

If you take the valve cover off, it is accessible. It's not easy but possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom