I'd like to introduce "Brutus" ... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't mean to imply that I wanted to put any pressure on the Arkansas guys. I just thought it might be cool to visit them and talk about the project. It's too damn hot to do anything else. Hope they can get you fixed up!

Seems they are the authority on Hemi swaps in Jeeps. One AEV guy even recommended them.

Thank you my friend. :beer:

That's certainly their claim. :meh:

Ain't exactly a hun'erd percent knowledgeable on the background of who's sleepin' with who ... but their in cohoots with AEV at some sorta level. :eek:

Meanwhile ... the Old Man has reported back that the fine Folks in Arkansas have done determined that the brain has checked out just fine. :cheers:

So now we move onto other possibilities. Slowly but surely ... progress is bein' made. :clap:

:flamingo:

Thats the way to fix that problem !!!

What you getting next ...a CJ ?

; )

What you getting next ...a CJ ?

Gonna be a lil' while, but prob'ly a single-seat buggy ... that way I got plenty of room to haul all my friends. :grinpimp:

congrats!!!

Thank you lil' man. :cool:

I'll certainly be consultin' your buggy knowledge when I'm ready to pull the trigger on the next rig. :beer:

Gonna be a lil' while, but prob'ly a single-seat buggy ... that way I got plenty of room to haul all my friends.

Thats funny right there!

U can always wheel the harley. Hell there was a crown vic on steelbender & hells revenge so why not .

Gonna be a lil' while, but prob'ly a single-seat buggy ... that way I got plenty of room to haul all my friends. :grinpimp:
:

ouch....but yeah, it is funny...congrats on selling the jeep ;)

since my fj55 runs, i'm gonna drive it down to the magic beer store...for the last time...it goes to a new owner on sunday. :(

So the Fella sends me an e-mail sayin' his girlfriend thinks she's knocked up now and he's gotta put our deal "on hold". :rolleyes:

Hell ... he'd be better off pushin' her down a few flights of stairs and buyin' my jeep. :lol::grinpimp::lol:

Meanwhile, the Old Man thinks he's got the thang fixed ... so need me some rocker protection fabbed up so I can hit the trails. :steer:

Send that thing up to me so I can do some work on it. Everyone else in the club has LOL

Cam

Let's see ...

Drive Lightnin' to your shop, hitch a ride to the airport, and fly into DFW ...

Get somebody to pick my sorry ass up at the airport and haul me up to Bonham ...

Fetch Brutus outta Baker Tire, load up some campin' gear at The 3X's, and drive the damn thang cross country to your shop ...

Get in Lightnin' and go back to work while you fab/install rocker guards and an interior rollcage on Brutus ...

Drive Lightnin' back to your shop and fetch Brutus so I can caravan with y'all to your Fall Crawl ...

Then cypher out how to get Brutus back to Oklahoma for the Big Junk Run in November ...

Hell ... ain't no doubt I've already done crazier s*** than that. :grinpimp:

logistics is your s*** sir!:hillbilly:

I know you can do it!:grinpimp:

So evidently she's fixed now. :cheers:

I know The Old Man ain't gonna post up nuthin' so I'll give my best shot at an explanation. Perhaps he can make any necessary corrections. :meh:

In a nutshell, it would appear that the transmission problem was actu'ly a coolin' system problem. When the engine got too hot, the brain would go into a "limp-home" mode that affected the shiftin' of the transmission.

Sounds like the Good Folks up in Arkansas were most cooperative when they received Brutus' brain. First they bench tested the unit and found no issues. Then they installed it on one of their own Hemi jeeps and road tested the damn thang to boot ... again findin' no issues. In-depth conversations with The Old Man discussin' the symptoms led them to the "limp-home" function and possible coolin' system issues.

The Folks up in Michigan that built her had used an electric fan for the coolin' system ... which was one of the items on my work list to look at 'cause it always acted funny. It seemed to cycle on-and-off for no apparent logical reason. I also know that the temp gauge would read hot when it weren't shiftin right but didn't know which came first ... the proverbial chicken or the egg deal.

As is the case most of the time when ya find a solution to a problem ... it all makes sense. So The Old Man yanked out all the electric fan s*** and installed fact'ry engine fan s*** that belongs on a hemi and added the top section of a fan shroud.

Apparently, all is well now in the Land of Brutus. :bounce::clap::bounce:

She ain't sold and she's evidently runnin' ... so it's time to move on. :cool:

Gotta get ahold of the gang at Over The Hill Off Road and see if Master Tube Bender Charles can squeeze her back into his schedule.

Certainly lookin' at a new game plan these days. All the expedition stuff for the bed ... along with that whole concept ... is gone.

Order of work for Charles is now:

1) Fab up some hardcore rocker protection that will also serve as a step to get in the friggin' thang.

2) Fab up a true, frame-mounted interior roll cage.

3) Modify his most-excellent, spare-tire carrier to also mount my two gas cans on it and a lil' shelf for storage above the tire and securin' my MAX multi purpose tool.

4) And since it's a jeep ... need one of those gay, unicorn stinger thangs on it. Which will also protect the winch and provide mounts for coupla HID lights.

Then we move on from there.

So flame away my Ty-ota Brethren ... looks like I'm back in the jeep bid'ness. :grinpimp:

The dream in yer head is clear.
The rest of us need pics... preferrably with skimpy clad foxes pointing out the important parts.

Glad you're back.
Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom