I’d just like to say... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
...that I feel like I’m just now being let in on the secret that is the 100 series. Having owned mini trucks, a Hilux, 40s, 60s, a 70 series and two 80s, I cannot tell you how impressed I am with the 100. I just bought this well maintained 2000 a few weeks ago with 318k on it. Got it for, what I considered, a good deal. I was hesitant about the mileage, but after driving it I was 100% sold. What a beast for chump change compared to the increasing prices of the 60. I will sacrifice the solid axle for road manners, build quality and that extra 1 MPG any day. Sure, they don’t look as good but what a difference the way it drives. Anyhow, I’m sold and kinda amazed on how awesome these rigs are.

That is all.

But you’re right: as the owner of a Vortec-powered FJ62, when I picked up my 100 back in November the only thing I could think about was what took me so long. I miss the 80 I had over a decade ago, but the 100 makes me forget (and forgive) so much. It’s a velvet hammer.

Every new model, Toyota improves the cruiser in many ways. If you like the 100, you will love the 200, better in almost everyway =) But for look I still prefer my 80! =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom