Icon Suspension & Undercarriage - Salt / North East (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys

Is it true that there’s some issues with Icon suspension in parts of the country with snow/ice and salt? That Old Man Emu are a better fit for these areas?

Just something I heard I’m not saying that it’s true.

Also, have any of you used wool wax or ceramic strong undercarriage protection? Is it successful ....what’s been your thoughts...the ceramic is about ten times the cost but I’m just wondering about the result

Hi guys

Is it true that there’s some issues with Icon suspension in parts of the country with snow/ice and salt? That Old Man Emu are a better fit for these areas?

Just something I heard I’m not saying that it’s true.

Also, have any of you used wool wax or ceramic strong undercarriage protection? Is it successful ....what’s been your thoughts...the ceramic is about ten times the cost but I’m just wondering about the result
Haven't heard that. The icon UCA and rear trailing arms are aluminum so should be fine. However, they attach with rod ends/heim joints, which are steel (not stainless AFAIK). mine rusted. Apparently it is tough to get the steel end out of the aluminum arm.

New guy here but live in the greater northeast , I travel from Philadelphia to Boston and salt really sucks on vehicles you pay all the money for you vehicle and gets distroyed if you don't help up on washing your under carriage .
Most car washes don't clean your underside , I have resorted to using one of those extended wand flower water has the rotoating head to hose down the underside of any of my vehicles. After any major snow salt events .
The wand does a great it has about 3 ft extension gets in wheel wells and underside .
I have have scene ICON systems massively corroded after one season with out and extra care in cleaning .

I have this tool! It helps for sure! I also use a product called StarBrite to remove the salt

I spoke with someone for the oil in the undercarriage and he said it destroys the driveway

I have this tool! It helps for sure! I also use a product called StarBrite to remove the salt

I spoke with someone for the oil in the undercarriage and he said it destroys the driveway
You mean after power washing the undercarriage? If so, my driveway has not been effected.

No I mean during hot days etc I’ve had people tell me the oil spray on the undercarriage drips on to the driveway over time

north east dweller here. It's absolutely shocking how much salt is dumped on the roads. It has to have some kind of environmental impact, no? Anyhow, I use a combination of cosmoline / fluid film / woolwax. I'll let you know how it looks in the spring when I wash and spray the undercarriage to reapply

Undercarriage.jpg

north east dweller here. It's absolutely shocking how much salt is dumped on the roads. It has to have some kind of environmental impact, no? Anyhow, I use a combination of cosmoline / fluid film / woolwax. I'll let you know how it looks in the spring when I wash and spray the undercarriage to reapply

View attachment 2590384
It should be outlawed. Horrible for the environment and vehicles.

I have had my icons on for 3 winters and no issues. I did put icon socks on them to protect it from salt. I also did fluid film on the bottom of my chassis for last 2 winters (not this year). I've been getting car washes daily (next to my office is a touchless car wash).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom