ICON 2.5 Series Shocks - Worth The Money? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

CSA

Threads
$500 per corner is a lot of scratch for shocks. For those running them, do you feel the performance improvement is worth it?

@Marco Lau likes his setup! I am thinking about going with the same.

i have a set on my 80 with a 6" lift.
they are awesome.
my rig is easily 2K pounds over stock and I did 65MPH over washboards in Death Valley smoother than I do getting to the local In n OUt burger.

They are awesome. I broke both my front and rear sway bar end links doing Dishpan Spring and Holcomb Creek trails and drove the pig from Big Bear to LA without front and rear sway bars and loaded with 4 ppl plus gear and never felt sketchy down the mountain keeping up with traffic.
taGF3R3.jpg

They are awesome. I broke both my front and rear sway bar end links doing Dishpan Spring and Holcomb Creek trails and drove the pig from Big Bear to LA without front and rear sway bars and loaded with 4 ppl plus gear and never felt sketchy down the mountain keeping up with traffic.
taGF3R3.jpg
I don’t see how a $1,300 shock could be that much better then a $100 shock.

The more premium brand shocks come with a premium cost for entry as well as maintenance.

Kings and foxes must be serviced requiring new seals and O-rings and new oil and nitrogen at each service interval.

If you want to install and forget about it type of parts on your rig, consider fox 2.0 or ome or bilsteins if they are available.

Performance gain is different in everyone ‘s personal perspective.

If you’re the type that does 75-90mph on saline valley road spend the money but if you enjoy drinking your Starbucks and enjoy looking out the windows and crawl at 5mph then it doesn’t make sense to spend $2500 for King’s or other premium shocks and hydraulic bump stops

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom