April 2022 rolling out now: check 1st post. 3 Models 25% so far. (2 Viewers)

What temperature do you set your fridge at?

• 0°F - I like using it for Meats, Ice Cream and other Frozen Foods!

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • 27°F - Just seafood for me!

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • 40°F - I use it as a normal refridgerator (drinks, vegetables, fruits, leftovers and etc).

Votes: 50 82.0%
  • 45-65°F - Why would anybody waste that precious refritgerated space on anything but Wine!??

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I tried to purchase a VL60 with cover and slide listed under the Mud group buy earlier today as I had it saved in my cart. When I hit the purchase button it said that it no longer existed. Bummed.

Ok everyone, Code "MUD2021" is reactivated for another day for the late birdies. Please do not hold off and let items sit in your cart until it expires and end up here again xD.
Awesome work @SharpeCat I picked up the VL45 that's been sitting in my cart.

Where in NC are you located? We have a strong presence in Raleigh/Durham, Greensboro, and Charlotte.

I tried to purchase a VL60 with cover and slide listed under the Mud group buy earlier today as I had it saved in my cart. When I hit the purchase button it said that it no longer existed. Bummed.
Did you try the mud2021 code? Should expire soon and apply to everything.

@lumbee1 thanks bud! I am in Raleigh.

I did not as it was the Mud special and the earlier lists instructed not to use a code with them.
It’s last day so I opened it to everyone by posting it here. Hopefully it isn’t expired now but I would try it ASAP if I were you. I don’t think I could ask him to reopen it a third time once this one expires.

I just tried it now and still works, please don’t wait around.

I did. Thanks again!

We are in Holly Springs.
Olde North State Cruisers just completed our 5th annual Relic Run. The Raleigh/Durham crew also has a monthly get together at Backyard BBQ near PNC. Dinner is usually first Wed of the month.

I appreciate it. I did, but the Mud special they had posted was $770 for everything, with the code it's about $950. Oh well. That's what I get for waiting until the last minute.

Ahh you mean the VL 65 special @Cornhusker . Yes that one is expired and was more than 20% off but only covered TR and VL65s. The 20% off is limited use and applies to everything, and was also expired but Lu was kind enough to extend it upon request.

I will forward a request to Lu for you to adjust price but no promises. Just dm me your phone number and order #.

Everyone else, please do not wait on the current coupon that is due to expire any day now. I’m starting to feel bad about bugging Lu, and I’m thinking It’s going to be about 6 months before we do another GB.

@lumbee1 if this fella is allowed then count me in!

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
Those suckers did they same thing, I have to return mine (VL 70) because my cooler is not cooling and it says "LL" but the freezer is working. I called the customer service and let me tell you, they are outstanding, my replacement is on the way and ship back my defective VL70 w/ pre-paid shipping. I got mine 2 weeks ago on another group buy which is 25% off also.
Good to know they are replacing it.

i’ve had mine running at zero degrees this past week to make sure it keeps things frozen… and for the past week it’s been working great.

I guess I’ll cycle it off then turn it back on to be sure I can set it to just cool drinks as well.

My TR45 just showed up today and it’s even nicer than I expected. It’s also not all that heavy, really happy I ended up with it instead of VL since I’ll be taking it in and out of my truck bed pretty regularly.

I was also pleasantly surprised that it showed up with a new set of spring loaded plastic and metal handles. They are much more solid that the old strap ones (which were also included if you still wanted to go that route).

Super stoaked to try it out this weekend!

912E001E-2F79-436C-A2BB-F905D8959EC3.jpeg
DB589FC8-5704-49EE-B0E6-6DD4E42C568A.jpeg
A7124C6B-7CEA-4B78-9E34-326A33D48007.jpeg
5052A415-353B-4F80-89F0-28CA2E593328.jpeg
14C81C6E-A2EE-4B0A-BF05-83CFBDE530AC.jpeg

My TR45 just showed up today and it’s even nicer than I expected. It’s also not all that heavy, really happy I ended up with it instead of VL since I’ll be taking it in and out of my truck bed pretty regularly.

I was also pleasantly surprised that it showed up with a new set of spring loaded plastic and metal handles. They are much more solid that the old strap ones (which were also included if you still wanted to go that route).

View attachment 2705671View attachment 2705672View attachment 2705673View attachment 2705674View attachment 2705675
Wow didn't take them long to respond to the complaints about the strap. Nice! Thanks for the nice update bud.

View attachment 2705671View attachment 2705672View attachment 2705673View attachment 2705674View attachment 2705675
I didn’t get handles. I was hoping for them, but didn’t:(

I didn’t get handles. I was hoping for them, but didn’t:(

Mine showed up just now... I also lost the handle lottery.

Damn, I guess I got lucky. Probably worth asking Iceco if you can get a set of the handles.

I'd wager the difference is whether you got a newly built/received unit or one that has been in stock for awhile. I'm sure TRs aren't exactly flying off the shelves since you can't order them on the Iceco website.

Mine came today and I also didn’t win the tr45 handle lottery. Can’t say I’m complaining since I didn’t even know handles were an option when I ordered, but would be nice.

Through the fridge in my LX today. The TR series tan isn't too far off from a match with the LX Ivory/Cashmere interior. On the floor with the lid open there is at most 10" of space to the highest part of the ceiling and at minimum 7" closest to the back hatch.

Found I could run it off my jumpstart battery. Testing how long it will run that way now. I found that it would only run if i put the shutoff switch in position 1. Both 2 and 3 triggered it to "E1" error.

Edit: Went out and checked on it. Within 30 min it went back to "E1" and ran 20% off the jump pack battery. Probably not the best way to run the fridge. I haven't put a voltmeter on the 12v regulated output of the jump pack, but it must be on the low side (especially with the strain of the compressor). Supposedly the output is 10amp which should be more than enough, but who knows with all this cheap electronics. Probably if I had an adapter to use the boost output it would keep the cooler running. But doesn't seem like it would run for very long in the heat.

fridge 1.jpg
fridge_open.jpg
Charging.jpg

Through the fridge in my LX today. The TR series tan isn't too far off from a match with the LX Ivory/Cashmere interior. On the floor with the lid open there is at most 10" of space to the highest part of the ceiling and at minimum 7" closest to the back hatch.

Found I could run it off my jumpstart battery. Testing how long it will run that way now. I found that it would only run if i put the shutoff switch in position 1. Both 2 and 3 triggered it to "E1" error.

Edit: Went out and checked on it. Within 30 min it went back to "E1" and ran 20% off the jump pack battery. Probably not the best way to run the fridge. I haven't put a voltmeter on the 12v regulated output of the jump pack, but it must be on the low side (especially with the strain of the compressor). Supposedly the output is 10amp which should be more than enough, but who knows with all this cheap electronics. Probably if I had an adapter to use the boost output it would keep the cooler running. But doesn't seem like it would run for very long in the heat.

View attachment 2707303View attachment 2707304View attachment 2707305

My guess is that it has a really low battery capacity, with it being a jump pack. They are more designed for boosting and not for sustaining.

When I ran it out of the Jackery 240 I was able to get it to last 8 hours in the sun and about 20 hours in the shade. Even if you are in the middle of the desert and it has to stay on full time (compressor), the most it should ever use is 50-60 watts (DC lower). A jackery 240 wh (smallest bank from them) will still last 4-5 hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom