April 2022 rolling out now: check 1st post. 3 Models 25% so far. (3 Viewers)

What temperature do you set your fridge at?

• 0°F - I like using it for Meats, Ice Cream and other Frozen Foods!

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • 27°F - Just seafood for me!

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • 40°F - I use it as a normal refridgerator (drinks, vegetables, fruits, leftovers and etc).

Votes: 50 82.0%
  • 45-65°F - Why would anybody waste that precious refritgerated space on anything but Wine!??

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

are the 500wah battery packs enough to power a fridge for the weekend without solar panels? my bluetti seems to be running just short for Fri-Sun camp trips. Ran out of juice overnight sat to sun last time. the first time ran out of juice sat afternoon but I had the fridge set too low and compressor on max.
Iceco VL45 fridge draws at a rate of 45 watts (3.7 amps @ 12V DC) while actively running. Since fridges tend to only run about 1/3 of the time; we can estimate an average rate of 15 watts over time. Let's assume a 90% efficiency for the 12V DC regulated output on the Jackery. See below for hypothetical run-time comparison.

Jackery Explorer 300 ----- (293 Wh * .90) / 15 watt device = 17.6 hours of effective run-time.

Jackery Explorer 500 ----- (518 Wh * .90) / 15 watt device = 31.1 hours (1.3 days) of effective run-time.

Jackery Explorer 1000 --- (1,002 Wh * .90) / 15 watt device = 60.1 hours (2.5 days) of effective run-time.

Jackery Explorer 1500 --- (1,488 Wh * .90) / 15 watt device = 89.3 hours (3.7 days) of effective run-time.

Iceco VL45 fridge draws at a rate of 45 watts (3.7 amps @ 12V DC) while actively running. Since fridges tend to only run about 1/3 of the time; we can estimate an average rate of 15 watts over time. Let's assume a 90% efficiency for the 12V DC regulated output on the Jackery. See below for hypothetical run-time comparison.

Jackery Explorer 300 ----- (293 Wh * .90) / 15 watt device = 17.6 hours of effective run-time.

Jackery Explorer 500 ----- (518 Wh * .90) / 15 watt device = 31.1 hours (1.3 days) of effective run-time.

Jackery Explorer 1000 --- (1,002 Wh * .90) / 15 watt device = 60.1 hours (2.5 days) of effective run-time.

Jackery Explorer 1500 --- (1,488 Wh * .90) / 15 watt device = 89.3 hours (3.7 days) of effective run-time.
thanks for the break down

Is the little "vent" looking thing inside the VL45 the temperature sensor? my fridge compressor was running non stop one night and I checked. had a pack of bacon covering that "vent"

All these hypotheticals using math (a good estimator). Here's some real world info.

I have a Jackery 300 and 1000. I'm currently using my ICECO JP40 as my office beer fridge in a house that is typically kept around 75 degrees. That said, the outside air temp does impact the frequency in which the compressor runs. My fridge registers that it uses about 50W when the compressor is running and 1W when it is not.

In my office during the summer (outside air temps 90 degrees or hotter), my JP40 would last about 24 hours on the Explorer 300. I try to target a recharge around 30% battery remaining. So that said, an Explorer 300 should power a 12v fridge for about 24 hours using 70% of its charge.

In the same conditions, the Explorer 1000 will need to be recharged on day 4. I don't have the exact number of hours, but I typically will charge it after day 3.

If you want to go all weekend without a recharge and plan to power nothing other than the fridge, you probably want at least a 1000.

Costco has the EcoFlow RIver Pro and Delta stuff on sale again. Plus a deal on membership if you don't have one. Quoted online prices get a 5% surcharge if you don't have a membership and they are currently running a promo where you get a $40 gift card in mail and a $40 code through email off an $250 online purchase when you sign up for membership. The fine print says the code is emailed in 1 to 2 weeks, but I decided not to wait for it to use on my EcoFlow purchase, as the inventory went pretty quick last time these were on sale.

The River Pro for $429.99 seems like a pretty good way to get your feet wet in the power station game. I went ahead and ordered the extra battery too. I don't know how useful it will be, so I teetered on that decision a bit. The one hour charge time to a wall outlet with no power brick to me is the biggest selling point on these.

Not sure if anyone is still watching this thread but Iceco has 20% off all fridges on Nov 25-26.

iceco.jpg

I've been tracking this sale as upcoming. Trying to decide between the JP40 or the VL45...

Has anyone run a covered vs un-covered test like this with the VL series?
I went with VL45PROS. It has more room in an only slightly larger exterior footprint. Can’t stress how nice it is having dual open lid and dual 12v plugs

As for cover I returned mine. At least for the VL45ProS I saw no difference in temperatures, cover it’s not as well designed or made as the ones for regular VL series and not wort $100.

I went with VL45PROS. It has more room in an only slightly larger exterior footprint. Can’t stress how nice it is having dual open lid and dual 12v plugs

As for cover I returned mine. At least for the VL45ProS I saw no difference in temperatures, cover it’s not as well designed or made as the ones for regular VL series and not wort $100.
Sorry, what do you mean by "dual 12V plugs"? Also, I can't tell if the pricing is actually lower for today or if they temporarily jacked them to make it look like they are lower...

Those are not the only differences.
Right, I saw the lid, the wiring, and the drain as the biggest differences. I also saw several reports of the lids not sealing, so I just went with the original VL. I'll have space with my setup to deal with the lid, so that's fine. Thanks for the input though!

A year plus on my JP40 and I still have icecold beer. No worry of dents or dings in the metal like on the VL series. That VLpro is interesting though.

At this point, no ragrats. Not even a single letter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom