April 2022 rolling out now: check 1st post. 3 Models 25% so far. (1 Viewer)

What temperature do you set your fridge at?

• 0°F - I like using it for Meats, Ice Cream and other Frozen Foods!

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • 27°F - Just seafood for me!

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • 40°F - I use it as a normal refridgerator (drinks, vegetables, fruits, leftovers and etc).

Votes: 50 82.0%
  • 45-65°F - Why would anybody waste that precious refritgerated space on anything but Wine!??

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got my VL45/slide installed last week. Running off a Deka 105aH Deep cycle AGM with a VSR charge kit off starting battery. Also upgraded to a 120a alternator on the 22re. Ran the fridge about 30 hr on medium protection mode at 37 deg setting and didn’t drop battery voltage at all. Seems well built and very quiet. Thanks @SharpeCat

View attachment 2709884
Thanks for update bud! @SION1771 If no update by end of today i will send an inquiry.

@lx200inAR thats about the strangest thing i've heard. Normally i would guess temp sensor but you said it ran the entire time, so the temp sensor didn't shut it off at 22 like i thought. If compressor is running and it's not getting more cold, then i have no idea. If compressor shuts off at 22, then turns back on at 25 to bring it back to 22 andf keeps repeating, then it's your temp sensor.

Instead of taking wild guesses like a loose/clogged AC line, i would just contact IceCo.

Anyone else still having issues with getting shipping updates? Lu told me he sent out another round of updates yesterday.

Thanks for update bud! @SION1771 If no update by end of today i will send an inquiry.

@lx200inAR thats about the strangest thing i've heard. Normally i would guess temp sensor but you said it ran the entire time, so the temp sensor didn't shut it off at 22 like i thought. If compressor is running and it's not getting more cold, then i have no idea. If compressor shuts off at 22, then turns back on at 25 to bring it back to 22 andf keeps repeating, then it's your temp sensor.

Instead of taking wild guesses like a loose/clogged AC line, i would just contact IceCo.

Anyone else still having issues with getting shipping updates? Lu told me he sent out another round of updates yesterday.
I'll send them a message. As soon as I changed the target temperature to 27 degrees, the compressor shut off. So I'm pretty sure it's not a matter of the temperature sensor. Just seems like it can't get that cold.

edit: I guess it's possible the temperature sensor isn't registering the temperature going below 22 degrees. Not sure if i have a thermometer that measures below freezing to test it against.

I didn't give it much time after receiving it to let the compressor/gas settle. Probably only about 2 hours or so from when it was delivered. I didn't see anything in the manual suggesting it was required. It was delivered right side up, but who knows what happened before it was on my porch.

Last edited:
Good news on my VL65 - the tracking number was sent last night and UPS's website just confirmed it's in route (from Texas) and should arrive at my place (near Chicago) Thursday.

Sharpecat, I may need your help again. I'm having a difficult time contacting them for the update/warranty exchange. It's becoming annoying and concerning when you can't get in reach with them just for a response, any response. I've left both voice mail and text messages. I had thought this would be easy enough as I'm local to them. They really need to step up their post sales customer service. Ignoring past customers could become a problem for them.

Edit: just got a text from them.

Last edited:
Sharpecat, I may need your help again. I'm having a difficult time contacting them for the update/warranty exchange. It's becoming annoying and concerning when you can't get in reach with them just for a response, any response. I've left both voice mail and text messages. I had thought this would be easy enough as I'm local to them. They really need to step up their post sales customer service. Ignoring past customers could become a problem for them.
Not sure if this will help, but I sent a message through the "contact us" button on my order status page. Within 48 hours they had forwarded my trouble request to the team they use for support (possibly a different company) and I got a response back from them.

926896FD-16D1-4135-AAE4-7C13CD292A8C.jpeg

VL45Pro S has arrived

OK, is this a scam or a joke?!?

Eagerly awaited my VL65 and the giant box arrived.

1624569165244.png

Measured a yard across, but wasn't as heavy as I expected.

Opened the black cloth straps, the plastic straps, pulled away the plastic wrap, cut open the box and...

It was a cat!!!!?!
1624569266197.png

Jerk jumped in there before I could even put the cooler down. LOL Made himself right at home.

1624570599221.png

In all seriousness, it arrived, seems to be in great condition and it's cooling down as we speak. One issue is that it didn't include the cover, but I've seen lots of people say they had that problem too, and they had to contact Iceco. I might not even want the cover - we'll see after a few weeks of using it bareback.

Thanks again, @SharpeCat for arranging all this and getting all the people connected!!!

Received the fridge today. Unfortunetely the cover and slide did not come with it. I responded to their confirmation email. Hopefully its on the way.

Fridge came in today. After unpacking it i noticed its damaged. Tried calling them but no answer. I did receive an automated text response to my phone call and replied. Thankfully I didn't destroy any of the packaging so I can use it to send it back
20210625_173542.jpg

Fridge came in today. After unpacking it i noticed its damaged. Tried calling them but no answer. I did receive an automated text response to my phone call and replied. Thankfully I didn't destroy any of the packaging so I can use it to send it backView attachment 2713853
Mine came dented on the edge as well, but it wasn't so bad. looks like the carriers are not treating these very well.

Strangely the plastic was not damaged and the packaging had no damaged so I would assume it was overlooked by QC and shipped out anyway. Kinda glaringly obvious though

They are closed on weekends so i would just send them an email and not rely on phone calls until monday, for those who are looking for support.

I'd hold off on making assumptions though, as the freight situation to and from the US is really crazy right now with COVID and a lot can happen when it takes months to cross the ocean. For one, inspections are much more strict coming from China (wouldn't be surprised to see some repackaging). Best we can do is speculate in the mean time, and give ICECO time to work things out. They have been good to us in the past (minus a few hiccups @NYC570) so let's hope it stays that way.

All i know for sure is that the Next GB will require much more planning ahead because you never know if a container will take 1 or 3+ months to arrive, or even if it will arrive XD.

Strangely the plastic was not damaged and the packaging had no damaged so I would assume it was overlooked by QC and shipped out anyway. Kinda glaringly obvious though

Good point, my packaging is not damaged either. It occurred before shipment.

I think it’s a bit of a stretch to assume it’s bad QC just because your box wasn’t damaged. You could easily throw the box around and the forces involved would dent the steel case without beating the box up too much. These things are heavy. We receive damaged product from China in Undamaged packaging all the time at work.

still sucks though and I hope they get you set straight quickly.

Well, I gave my tr45 a few days to settle and turned it on again. Still won’t go below 25 degrees or so. Guess I’ll be attempting warranty/service. We will see how it goes.

I think it’s a bit of a stretch to assume it’s bad QC just because your box wasn’t damaged. You could easily throw the box around and the forces involved would dent the steel case without beating the box up too much. These things are heavy. We receive damaged product from China in Undamaged packaging all the time at work.

still sucks though and I hope they get you set straight quickly.

Not sure how much I commented on it at the time, but when I got mine (original deal) it had definitely been damaged during previous shipping/handling -before being put into the ICECO packaging.

I received my ICECO VL45Pro S on Tuesday. Everything looked good no damage to box or unit in shipping. However, just to be safe I let it sit for 24hrs as per your operations manual. Yesterday evening, I plugged it into A/C power and set it on MAX and temperature to 32 degrees Fahrenheit, once it reached that temperature and held for a few hours I dropped it to 20 degrees Fahrenheit and again after a few hours dropped it to 0 degrees Fahrenheit. However, it took a long time for it to finally reach 0 degrees and it sat on 2 degrees Fahrenheit for about 3 hours. Finally, it did display had hit 0 degrees Fahrenheit and I heard compressor drop in noise level. Today, it again reads 2 degrees Fahrenheit and just stays there with compressor running obviously trying to get there but not able too do so.

Also, even though on the refrigerator display indicated that it had reached 0 degrees Fahrenheit I quickly opening it and using a calibrated non contact laser thermometer the lowest temperature I could measure was 15 degrees Fahrenheit at lowest point of the large storage space. So my question is why is the display showing 0 degrees but the inside temperature is 15 degrees or more higher? I just placed a Tempi.Fi Bluetooth / WiFi sensor in it same spot to see what live data I get back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom