April 2022 rolling out now: check 1st post. 3 Models 25% so far. (3 Viewers)

What temperature do you set your fridge at?

• 0°F - I like using it for Meats, Ice Cream and other Frozen Foods!

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • 27°F - Just seafood for me!

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • 40°F - I use it as a normal refridgerator (drinks, vegetables, fruits, leftovers and etc).

Votes: 50 82.0%
  • 45-65°F - Why would anybody waste that precious refritgerated space on anything but Wine!??

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My guess is that it has a really low battery capacity, with it being a jump pack. They are more designed for boosting and not for sustaining.

When I ran it out of the Jackery 240 I was able to get it to last 8 hours in the sun and about 20 hours in the shade. Even if you are in the middle of the desert and it has to stay on full time (compressor), the most it should ever use is 50-60 watts (DC lower). A jackery 240 wh (smallest bank from them) will still last 4-5 hours.
No doubt on that, A Jackery 240 has 4x the battery capacity of my jump battery (20.8A@3.7v rating - 74Whr). I wouldn't expect it to run too long, but if it could do 6-8hr in the shade, especially if it was brought to temp on shore/alternator power, that would work. I need to get a better battery setup. I just had this lying around.

No doubt on that, A Jackery 240 has 4x the battery capacity of my jump battery (20.8A@3.7v rating - 74Whr). I wouldn't expect it to run too long, but if it could do 6-8hr in the shade, especially if it was brought to temp on shore/alternator power, that would work. I need to get a better battery setup. I just had this lying around.
I think it may have more to do with how many volts it can continuously sustain, as boosters are designed to work in bursts. I'm thinking something caused the output on that bank to drop low enough to trigger the low-voltage cutoff? That never happened with my Jackery, and the only thing that would stop it from running is the Jackery running completely out of juice. I did not look up the code, but i assume that error is related to the voltage cutoff?

Because if that was not the case, you should be getting 2-3 hours is my guess (about 25-30w average). There are other factors like how often you open it, temperature outside and etc, but in this case it should not matter because its off in less than an hour. 74wh should last over an hour even if compressor was on full time.

Last edited:
In case anyone still need one, prime day is coming up! thanks @MiamiC70

primeday.PNG

Yes with the upcoming Prime Day and Fathers Day sales im not terribly troubled by the delay. I will give it a few more business days to sort out. And if still nothing i will DM SharpeCat.

I also waited patiently until June 10 and ordered at like 6am. Missed having it for our first trip this year, and it looks like it's not gonna arrive for the second one either. :-(

My IceCo TR45 won’t go below 22 F. Is that normal? I set the temp to its lowest setting and the compressor ran for probably 12 hours strait and sat at that temp for a while. This was sitting in a 72 F room. It’s fine if that’s normal, just making sure before I call my unit fully tested.

My IceCo TR45 won’t go below 22 F. Is that normal? I set the temp to its lowest setting and the compressor ran for probably 12 hours strait and sat at that temp for a while. This was sitting in a 72 F room. It’s fine if that’s normal, just making sure before I call my unit fully tested.
No it's not normal. I would contact them.

Got my VL45/slide installed last week. Running off a Deka 105aH Deep cycle AGM with a VSR charge kit off starting battery. Also upgraded to a 120a alternator on the 22re. Ran the fridge about 30 hr on medium protection mode at 37 deg setting and didn’t drop battery voltage at all. Seems well built and very quiet. Thanks @SharpeCat

5B782A82-4F3D-43F8-BA07-1D5E8D35F26F.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom