April 2022 rolling out now: check 1st post. 3 Models 25% so far. (1 Viewer)

What temperature do you set your fridge at?

• 0°F - I like using it for Meats, Ice Cream and other Frozen Foods!

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • 27°F - Just seafood for me!

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • 40°F - I use it as a normal refridgerator (drinks, vegetables, fruits, leftovers and etc).

Votes: 50 82.0%
  • 45-65°F - Why would anybody waste that precious refritgerated space on anything but Wine!??

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I tried calling about the VL65s and they are not open on weekends.

Don’t worry, if the coupon expires before they respond, I will ask them to extend the sale for the VL65s/VL60 Dual, due to the coupon never working in the first place. I will try sending them another email to hopefully get a response before Monday. Thanks for the interest!

Last edited:
I would buy one of these right now at this price.

Coupon still works for 2 days for most of them (or til whenever the 10 days ends), and for the ones that doesn't work i am sure we can work something out for those folks who want the VL60 or VL65 dual. We will give them a little time to catch up (they are super busy and im having trouble reaching them myself, but it is the weekend) then talk to them about the invalid coupons and future deals for our members who were not able to join this time. I am sure they will honor the discount if it is a mistake on their part, like forgetting to add all the VLs to coupon code.

Thanks bud!

Dangcat, do you know anything about the Expandable fridge coming in August?

If that is included in the discount offer I would probably give it a try.

** Just tried the discount code in cart and it comes up invalid for the expandable, VL60, and VL45. **

Maybe the coupon already expired? I was under impression it would go til this week is over but maybe that’s Friday and not Sunday? Hopefully they will get back to my text or email on Monday, so that we can clear some things.

I did not know about the expandable, but I sure will inquire about it for when we talk about long term plans for mud. They still have not responded regarding the Kickstarter and indiegogo projects either, so we are overdue for a phone conversation.

I’m going to try and get ahold of them on Monday to wrap up this group buy, try to take care of the people we missed due to issues getting the coupon to work or whatever reason, as well as to try and come up with a plan for the next one.

I will keep everyone posted on what I find out. Thanks again everyone!

Yeah, I got a no go when I attempted to apply the discount

Screenshot_20200711-193918_Chrome.jpg

Well this is embarrassing. Just a reminder that I am only human after all.

18C5827D-8A63-43F9-8562-B7ABBD3B53E4.png

5A1AB36C-2104-4857-A8A4-CFA471038AFC.png

696979E5-5780-4026-A63C-762A9416E96E.png

Coupon still works for 2 days for most of them (or til whenever the 10 days ends), and for the ones that doesn't work i am sure we can work something out for those folks who want the VL60 or VL65 dual. We will give them a little time to catch up (they are super busy and im having trouble reaching them myself, but it is the weekend) then talk to them about the invalid coupons and future deals for our members who were not able to join this time. I am sure they will honor the discount if it is a mistake on their part, like forgetting to add all the VLs to coupon code.

Thanks bud!

I am looking for the VL60 dual zone with cover and slide.

I appreciate you doing this!!

I am looking for the VL60 dual zone with cover and slide.

I appreciate you doing this!!

And I appreciate you brother, without everyone’s interest and ultimately putting their money on the line, this would not be possible. I have no money myself to put up. In fact, I asked for a loan to buy 10 because I knew I could get rid of them, but I was denied; a blessing in disguise because it forced me down this path.

This opens up a lot of doors for me during a time when I am looking for ways to support myself without making my life about money. Money is a means to an end, and with everyone heres help, I found another way to achieve that end.

Because of what everyone here helped me to accomplish, what we accomplished, I finally now have something to put on my resume when I call other manufacturers. Let’s be honest, nobody is going to take me seriously when I call and say that I need a Jackery power bank, but I cannot pay for it with money.

I can, however, pay for it in other ways. It will be much easier for me to explain this now, and I am grateful to both the members of this community, as well as to IceCo for giving me a chance.

With that said, going forward from here, I want to formally ask IceCo to bring me on board as a volunteer, non profit/donations based rep. The rep who brought me in can still get the credit for the sales in terms of getting his commission, I just want to be treated as a vendor in terms of what kind of pricing I am eligible for, as well as in terms of what level of customer service I get. If the work We do ends up selling 1000 units, then I want to be able to get us pricing that reflects that.

All I want out of it, is if I do a good job and make IceCo some money, that after they are on their feet and doing well, then I will gladly accept a donations In the form of IceCo products that I could use. Well, a place to crash when I visit China would be nice too ;).

Also, If I do a good job for the community and help everyone save good money and get good deals, then I will accept, for those who wish to give back or support me, but never require, a small donation. If I saved you 100 bucks and you donate a dollar back to me, and every one did that for a thousand fridges, then I’d be set.

I trust both sides to look out for me for doing my best to lookout for everyone, and I will never ask for it. I do not have the time or energy to keep tabs, nor do I have the desire to. I only have time to help IceCo find 1000 customers, and to help 1000 customers find IceCo.

In addition to formally asking IceCo to bring me in as a donations-based rep, essentially a volunteer, I want to formally ask you guys for permission to let me call manufacturers on your behalf, as in behalf of our mud community, specifically when trying to get us volume discounts. It will make things much easier, if I can approach it at a certain angle. How they treat me when I show up at their door alone, versus how they treat me when I show up with you guys standing behind me, might be the difference between me walking out with some good news for us, and walking out empty handed.

Im just not sure how to go about formally asking for permission from both sides yet, but I wanted to share my thoughts with you guys, as well as let everyone know that it won’t stop here. I’m going to continue trying to do things like this, even if I have to show up at Jackery’s doors alone. It would be much easier though, if I wasn’t. Hope everyone understands.

Thanks again everyone, and God Bless (even if you don’t believe).

Last edited:
On a much lighter note, fridge is now cold enough for ice cream! Power consumption also dropped significantly after initial cooling.

Oh the simple things In life!

@Dangcat

I hope that this endeavor has been productive for ICECO firstly because they were kind enough to give it a whirl largely for our benefit, and it might mean it could be repeated in the future.

Generally speaking it wouldn't make sense for them to offer a long-term open-ended discount code.

If they are amenable to extending the discount for a couple more days there certainly seem to be additional purchases that were planned in good faith for today/this weekend (like mine).

Something helpful but short of another wide open discount code would be for them to provide a number of single-use codes you might be able to provide to IH9MUD participants to finish this out. Or simply offer the discount on a case-by-case basis via phone orders.

Thanks for your efforts so far.

@Dangcat

I hope that this endeavor has been productive for ICECO firstly because they were kind enough to give it a whirl largely for our benefit, and it might mean it could be repeated in the future.

Generally speaking it wouldn't make sense for them to offer a long-term open-ended discount code.

If they are amenable to extending the discount for a couple more days there certainly seem to be additional purchases that were planned in good faith for today/this weekend (like mine).

Something helpful but short of another wide open discount code would be for them to provide a number of single-use codes you might be able to provide to IH9MUD participants to finish this out. Or simply offer the discount on a case-by-case basis via phone orders.

Thanks for your efforts so far.
Thank you for your thoughts and your kind words brother.

From day 1, I spoke to them about building a long term relationship. We decided that we would test the waters with this group buy, and figure it out from there. We don’t know yet what the best way is, but we know that we want to work together on this. Let’s take it one step at a time for now and take care of the members who still want to make this sale first, and then we go from there as to what we can do for the next wave. I honestly have put very little effort into this one, and I have a lot of ideas. I’m trying to get a little settled and take care of some living needs, and then the real work of social media marketing begins.

Anyways, let’s take care of the members still trying for this wave first:

Coupon has been extended until Sunday night at midnight western time.

For Units out of stock til later like the VL65 and 60 Dual, They will do a separate discount for those when they arrive.

For the ICooler and Expandable, they should be there beginning of august. I will try my best to get us group discounts for those as well.

@cmw i am tagging so you don’t miss the part about discount extending til midnight western time on Sunday, let me know if you have any trouble. Thanks again brother.

Thank you for your thoughts and your kind words brother.

From day 1, I spoke to them about building a long term relationship. We decided that we would test the waters with this group buy, and figure it out from there. We don’t know yet what the best way is, but we know that we want to work together on this. Let’s take it one step at a time for now and take care of the members who still want to make this sale first, and then we go from there as to what we can do for the next wave. I honestly have put very little effort into this one, and I have a lot of ideas. I’m trying to get a little settled and take care of some living needs, and then the real work of social media marketing begins.

Anyways, let’s take care of the members still trying for this wave first:

Coupon has been extended until Sunday night at midnight western time.

For Units out of stock til later like the VL65 and 60 Dual, They will do a separate discount for those when they arrive.

For the ICooler and Expandable, they should be there beginning of august. I will try my best to get us group discounts for those as well.

Just bought my first overlanding fridge. Got the VL60 dual zone with cover and slide. Thanks for the coupon code! Much appreciated.

Just bought my first overlanding fridge. Got the VL60 dual zone with cover and slide. Thanks for the coupon code! Much appreciated.
I was about to tag you to let you know coupon just got extended! Thanks for verifying that it works and thank you for the support bud. Much appreciated.

I just want to remind you guys to check dimensions, because my VL45 was definitely bigger than I expected, and I happen to think it’s the perfect size now that I have it in front of me. It is a single zone though which is more than good enough for me, but you guys who want duals, then the 60 is perfect. Possibly confirmation bias, since all my shoes always look better at home than at the store next to 100 other shoes, but it’s good to double check.

I set it at 30 and drinks were really cold, set at 20 and frozen. I’m trying to find the coldest temp before freezing. Trying 25 now.

0C253A47-E9D8-4203-814B-E572EF080B21.jpeg

@swank1231 you got til midnight western tonight. I need to go back and make sure I didn’t miss anyone with the coupon extension update. If you guys see someone please tag for me, as I am a little busy trying to get a window AC unit at the moment, and trying to figure out how to mount it temporarily for when I’m camped.

Thanks @Dangcat for all your work on this project!
I didn't get your message until this morning, so I missed out.
I tried to get the discount today, but didn't work.
Regardless, I couldn't find the original items I wanted, the dual VL65 with cover, wasn't available as package deal.
Couldn't find the cover sold separately either?
Anyway, I'm hoping this promo comes up again as I'm still interested.
Thanks again

Thanks @Dangcat for all your work on this project!
I didn't get your message until this morning, so I missed out.
I tried to get the discount today, but didn't work.
Regardless, I couldn't find the original items I wanted, the dual VL65 with cover, wasn't available as package deal.
Couldn't find the cover sold separately either?
Anyway, I'm hoping this promo comes up again as I'm still interested.
Thanks again

Thank you for your kind words guys.

Dont worry swank, you didn’t miss anything if the VL65 is your target. They are out of stock and when they come in with next container, they will do a separate code, or the same code but only have it apply to the out of stock models/models where discount didn’t work during this group buy (VL60 dual and VL65 dual).

@rkaminky I will ask them to extend it 1 more day since we technically missed out on Saturday due To a lack of communication regarding whether or not week ends on Sunday or Friday. If that does not work, I will ask them to allow you to call and order over phone and have them manually apply discount. What is a good way to notify you?

Worst case scenario, we will do another wave when the expandable and I cooler comes out, and when the 65 and 60duals With bags comes back in stock.

whichever way we go, I will be sure to update you guys. I know there will be another wave, because I have a lot of ideas to pitch to them as to how we can do a better job with next one. I, for one, did not have time this time around to focus on social media marketing (YouTube and FB), nor did I know enough about the products to feel comfortable pitching it to others. I am slowly getting there.

Thanks again guys, and stay tuned here for updates!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom