April 2022 rolling out now: check 1st post. 3 Models 25% so far. (3 Viewers)

What temperature do you set your fridge at?

• 0°F - I like using it for Meats, Ice Cream and other Frozen Foods!

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • 27°F - Just seafood for me!

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • 40°F - I use it as a normal refridgerator (drinks, vegetables, fruits, leftovers and etc).

Votes: 50 82.0%
  • 45-65°F - Why would anybody waste that precious refritgerated space on anything but Wine!??

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I still haven't gotten a tracking number. I did get a text on Monday stating that I would receive a tracking number that night, but so far nothing.
If you dm me your order number i can try asking for you, but no promises it would speed anything up. Won't hurt to try! @cmw i did ask all those things as well but no response yet, will keep you posted and i'm hoping everything will be back in stock by the time the TRs are ready; so that it coincides with the discount window.

@Tallenhouston really appreciate your insightful update brother, and thank you @CowboyTaco and @cypher2001 for your input as well. I'm in the same boat as Tallen when it comes to these things, as in it makes my head spin, so i appreciate input from those who are more educated on the matter. Thanks again everyone!

Countdown to TR arrival:

5 days!

Also might be worth looking at your low voltage cutoff settings on the ICECO. It could be set for the highest value and you may just have too much drop on the accessory run (or an older battery)
I made sure it was on "ECO" mode and the lowest battery-saving cutoff. Still would not run on DC. Will try the direct battery connection mentioned above with proper cabling and fusing.

Some feedback and a question on my ICECO VL65 running on DC.

-Lu took care of me with a free padded cover to make up for a few dings in shipping. Good guy and really wants to help.
-This fridge/freezer is well-made. Super high quality. Runs great on AC and on DC when on a sound battery system.
-Waiting for my Bluetti AC200 Indiegogo campaign solar generator to arrive so I can get serious in setting up the 12V power system in my LC.

Here's my issue so far . . . the unit does not run on DC socket in the back of the cruiser or my other SUV when running at highway speeds for hours. It only ran plugged into a friend's DC port on his RV when his battery was near a full charge. I assume the current-carrying capacity of the factory wiring and/or socket is too low for this fridge. I have to believe that once I get my Bluetti unit and set up my DC system, this will no longer be an issue when I'm out in the wild.

(By the way, I've never seen anything hold the temp like this unit when I packed it with ice for last weekend camping. Expensive as a cooler, but the insulating capability is ridiculous)

-There are so many YouTube videos on setting up 12VDC systems, it can make your head spin. Any advice on a go-to resource for system design and installation for an overland / camping cruiser? At a minimum, should I run a higher current cable and socket from the engine bay (direct battery connection) to run the ICECO for now?

I was only able to pull a consistent 45w out of my 12v socket. The fridge needs at least 55w to keep temp. (At least what I've experienced). I solved this by plugging my Jackery into the socket of my truck and the fridge into the Jackery. Jackery was able to supply 65w to the fridge and kept it's charge from the truck.

I'm thinking of running a dedicated socket just for the fridge while driving. Using 10awg wire and a socket rated up to 120w.

I was only able to pull a consistent 45w out of my 12v socket. The fridge needs at least 55w to keep temp. (At least what I've experienced). I solved this by plugging my Jackery into the socket of my truck and the fridge into the Jackery. Jackery was able to supply 65w to the fridge and kept it's charge from the truck.

I'm thinking of running a dedicated socket just for the fridge while driving. Using 10awg wire and a socket rated up to 120w.

I will admit its strange. 45W is like 4 amps. Most accessory outlets should be able to pull more than that.... but there are a bunch of variables at work here. 12V behaves badly at long cable runs.

If you dm me your order number i can try asking for you, but no promises it would speed anything up. Won't hurt to try! @cmw i did ask all those things as well but no response yet, will keep you posted and i'm hoping everything will be back in stock by the time the TRs are ready; so that it coincides with the discount window.

@Tallenhouston really appreciate your insightful update brother, and thank you @CowboyTaco and @cypher2001 for your input as well. I'm in the same boat as Tallen when it comes to these things, as in it makes my head spin, so i appreciate input from those who are more educated on the matter. Thanks again everyone!

Countdown to TR arrival:

5 days!

I sent You a PM with my order number.

Called yesterday to get a status update on my Sept. 2nd order. They told me they’d have a response “that afternoon.” Called back again this morning. They told me they’d have a response “this afternoon.”

No response, no shipping confirm, no fridge.

@SharpeCat , any luck on these orders?

Called yesterday to get a status update on my Sept. 2nd order. They told me they’d have a response “that afternoon.” Called back again this morning. They told me they’d have a response “this afternoon.”

No response, no shipping confirm, no fridge.

@SharpeCat , any luck on these orders?
Give me your order number so I can add it to my list of orders to remind Lu to follow up on. I tried texting but no luck yet. I’m going to try calling tomorrow fingers crossed.

Anyone else besides @NYC570 waiting on an order with no tracking?

I ordered the VL65 dual zone with the slide yesterday. Can’t wait to get it.

A.J

Give me your order number so I can add it to my list of orders to remind Lu to follow up on. I tried texting but no luck yet. I’m going to try calling tomorrow fingers crossed.

Anyone else besides @NYC570 waiting on an order with no tracking?
Me!!!

Did you use a coupon code for the discount?
I texted Lu and called the office number two days ago and he never responded. I’m planning a trip and didn’t want the fridge to be out of stock so I went ahead and ordered with the promo code STAYHOME and got a 10%. I figured it was better than nothing.

No promises but I did ask about the 3 orders waiting on a tracking #. My guess is Lu is playing catch up like he did at end of last GB. Will try calling tomorrow and hope for a call back. My guess is he will respond by end of Monday at latest but hoping for tomorrow.

I texted Lu and called the office number two days ago and he never responded. I’m planning a trip and didn’t want the fridge to be out of stock so I went ahead and ordered with the promo code STAYHOME and got a 10%. I figured it was better than nothing.
"Traveling with the Tompkins" will get you 20% off - just saying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom