Ice problems with sliders (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well like many of you we are dealing with some cold temps and snow here in Montana. This is my first winter with sliders (IPOR from Metal Tach) and I've noticed that as ice builds up behind the front wheel I get a knocking due to the limited clearance between the slider and the body being filled by an ice block. I doubt it is hurting anything, but it sure is annoying. So with that in mind what do you seasoned slider owners due to prevent this. As always thanks!
Cheers,
Scot
And because threads are better with pictures
IMG_1494.jpeg

Mud flaps. The oem front ones are about $100 and I've seen them fitted with sliders.

Mud flaps. The oem front ones are about $100 and I've seen them fitted with sliders.
I still have the front mud flaps, suppose its time to look into remounting them.

wonder if it had to do with the way the snow was coming down. the ground still being warm and made the first bit of snow very wet and more packable?
lots of wrecks around Helena last night.

Fluid film up under my rockers has always seemed to make snow/ice struggle to find a purchase.
I'll have to try that. Do you have to reapply throughout the winter?

wonder if it had to do with the way the snow was coming down. the ground still being warm and made the first bit of snow very wet and more packable?
lots of wrecks around Helena last night.
That very well could be. Last Friday I went duck hunting and on my drive home things went from wet to frozen creating the initial muddy ice block.

I'll have to try that. Do you have to reapply throughout the winter?

That very well could be. Last Friday I went duck hunting and on my drive home things went from wet to frozen creating the initial muddy ice block.

Just the once seems to work for me, but our winters are shorter. Might be something to reapply in the spring again.

Just the once seems to work for me, but our winters are shorter. Might be something to reapply in the spring again.

If you haven't used fluid film before, do it over grass or gravel or something that isn't your driveway, and plan to get a lot of overspray on your person.

It is made with lanolin so you'll smell like a sheep if you get it in you and it is pretty persistent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom