ICBC Shops willing to work on Cruisers? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all,
Got rear ended AND had my parked cruiser sideswiped in Vic the same week.
The sideswipe took out the left hand mirror on my BJ74, and the rear end did some minor bumper and rear door damage.

Have been to a few shops and no one wants to touch it, OR if they are "maybe" willing to deal with it they are wanting me to do the leg work of finding parts first.

Anyone else encounter this?

Yes. Because this model was never sold here, they aren’t inclined to touch them.
Can’t say as I blame them, could be a lot of time spent and bs on phone calls. Post up
some pictures. Let’s see what you actually need. These things are like LEGO, just got to
snap the new parts on.
Oh yeah, LH mirrors are the first to go. Muahahaha! Took me over a year and a pto winch to
get one.

Joys of owning rare vehicles ;) But the actual joy of driving a 30+ year old diesel tractor on the road (and even better off the road!) far outweigh the headache. I'd do the leg work and get the parts. There are a lot of part's vendors out there, even just in Canada alone. All else fails, set them up with ENS Toyota out of Saskatoon. They know 70 series there since that is where most of the mine trucks get imported to, out fitted and sent around the country (I picked up all my brand new Toyota front clip parts from them, after market fenders from Steve at EBI in Coquitlam, and few odds and ends from 4WheelAuto out of Edmonton). Good luck!

If you can wait, I order from Megazip.net. Their UAE warehouse sells everything for less, shipping is a bit
and it can take time but if it s available from Toyota it’s the best pricing I’ve found.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom