ICBC claim= crappy fix (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was involved in an accident last year (my fault) where I backed into a pole. ( I know, I know...)

The entire rear quarter panel was replaced and along with that a new lift gate window and the rear cargo area windows. Origionally the cruiser came with solid cargo windows and after the accident the repair shop decided to install slider windows as it had a hard time finding solids. (If you look around solids are easy to get)

At first I was ok with this and now after learning how awful sliders are I wish I had solids instead. I am under the impression that if you make a claim and your vehicle is repaired they have to make it like it was. And- the sliders are not the OEM windows. They are s***ty looking- do not slide properly- have mold in the tracks- one track is warped- and here on the WET coast water pools in there which will ineveitalbly rust.

So do I have a case to have this rectified or am I S.O.L>>?

Haven't contacted ICBC yet..

I was involved in an accident last year (my fault) where I backed into a pole. ( I know, I know...)

The entire rear quarter panel was replaced and along with that a new lift gate window and the rear cargo area windows. Origionally the cruiser came with solid cargo windows and after the accident the repair shop decided to install slider windows as it had a hard time finding solids. (If you look around solids are easy to get)

At first I was ok with this and now after learning how awful sliders are I wish I had solids instead. I am under the impression that if you make a claim and your vehicle is repaired they have to make it like it was. And- the sliders are not the OEM windows. They are ****ty looking- do not slide properly- have mold in the tracks- one track is warped- and here on the WET coast water pools in there which will ineveitalbly rust.

Yes you do have a valid claim. Talk to your insurance and see what they say first before you get too excited. They might be pretty easy to work with.

Go talk to ICBC and see what they have to say. It does have to be like original IIRC.

John from Rocky mountain imports can get ANYTHING.....
ICBC will use them if you say hey....
Good luck

You are supposed to be allowed "before loss condition" of any repair "unless" you agree to an inquiry by the repairer. Good luck

Talk to icbc.......you have a period of 1 year (I think) with Icbc to have it repaired again, if the repair wasn't done properly.

Just phone up your adjuster and explain the problem to them.

Good Luck!

Talked to the repair center and ICBC today. Both of them were not interested in fixing the job considering my Land Cruiser is RHD. Both the ICBC supervisor and the repair shop owner basically told me that I was lucky it wasn't simply written off as these days they normally are.

ICBC guy informed me it was a mistake for me to purchase my HDJ81 and he doesn't even like to see them on the roads.

:meh:

The surcharge you mean? I guess I could have mastercarded the repairs but the dmg was substantial...

What I should have done maybe was have the truck written off bought it back from the wreckers and got a nice gasser in good shape and had a diesel transplant done.:idea:

Sounds like you are getting screwed. If you are paying your insurance, you are entitled to having the job done to the original condition of the truck. And I assume you were paying decent comprehensive on your insurance. If you were, maybe it it time to get a lawyer.

The whole thing where they think that RHD should not be on the roads is a pile of crap. Maybe post what you have here on IVOAC.ca Forums - Powered by vBulletin and see what anyone there has done when they were in an accident.

Yes, you were in an accident, but doesn't matter if you were in the RHD or LHD. The accident would most likely have occurred . . . unless you were in a vehicle that was driven from the rear of the vehicle (I think you stated that you backed into something!)

Good point. They stated that it was not possible for them to find solid rear windows and that sliders were all that was available. When the repair happened they tried to go as far as putting one slider window in the damaged side and leaving the other a solid! I made a stink and the repair shop claimed they absored the cost of purchasing the other slider and installing it on their own.

Is it worth going to a lawyer? I imagine I could buy solids and install them myself and that might be cheaper.

The solids are easy to install. You just "rope" them in. PM me if you want more info. It sounds like the sliders you got suck! There has to be some destroyed HDJ81s in BC/Alberta that have solids still in them.

There is for sure. However they are inherant problems with sliders which I have discovered since their install. They may operate properly in dry climated but here on the "wet" coast they just don't work out. Water and moisture collects in the channels. The rubber warps over time and the sliders dont slide as they should. Also they are notoriously easy for criminals to break into if the locks are damaged which happened on the SECOND DAY!

I'm going to source out a free consultation with an ICBC lawyer and see if I have a case. ICBC is full of crooks and they anal rape weak/stupid people daily. I don't want to be one of those people.

ICBC is a fxxxing joke.
You pay for insurance. As long as your car is fully compliant (side reflectors front and rear, drls and dot headlights or e code ones) you are completely covered.
I think you should raise a stink about this. This is horse crap.
I have heard of guys not getting covered until they make their vehcile compliant.
They have no right to do that, why are you buying insurance if they won't do anything when you need it.
crooked pricks.

I have started a thread for you on IVOAC. this will raise up a ruckus over there.
Hang in there and be persistent. If you show you give a fxxx they will do something.
RHD is not the problem here.

Thanks a lot! I will check it out!

I know what you mean. ICBC needs a thorough douching.

At first I was ok with this and now after learning how awful sliders are I wish I had solids instead. I am under the impression that if you make a claim and your vehicle is repaired they have to make it like it was. And- the sliders are not the OEM windows. They are s***ty looking- do not slide properly- have mold in the tracks- one track is warped- and here on the WET coast water pools in there which will ineveitalbly rust.

s***ty deal. whered you take it to get fixed? they should have replaced it with oem non sliders. 81s never came with the 3rd row, so those windows are the wrong ones (obviously). keep pestering the adjuster. point him out to any sources for replacement oem non sliding glass. toyota can get them for you.

its not up to what the adjuster likes or doesnt like in terms of vehicle preference whether or not your car gets fixed properly or not. its his JOB to ensure the vehicle is returned to pre accident condition. keep pressing with ICBC and remind them this. talk to the claim centers manager. JDM's are a thorn in their side, but you're paying the premiums, so you shouldnt be treated any different. failing that, threaten legal action. same goes for the shop you went to get it fixed. keep bugging them, and get them to fix the sliders, remove the mold...etc. their work is under warranty correct?

good luck with ya :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom