Icarsoft scanner? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys just received my scan tool today. I just completely gave up on tech stream. I even bought a new laptop during Christmas sale. So now with this unit do the car have to be running to check the ahc pressure? Like live data settings? Any other tips for this tool? I did search but nothing really in depth of how to check pressure. Thanks

You should be able to read as long as the key is turned to 'on' or the truck is running.

Hey guys just received my scan tool today. I just completely gave up on tech stream. I even bought a new laptop during Christmas sale. So now with this unit do the car have to be running to check the ahc pressure? Like live data settings? Any other tips for this tool? I did search but nothing really in depth of how to check pressure. Thanks
It’s been mentioned before but I’ll say it again. There is one pump and one pressure transducer that monitors the pump output. When you do a lift cycle the pump runs and at the time the front, rear and height accumulator solenoids change state the pump pressure at that point in time should be readable by the VCI and passed to the interface software for display in the appropriate field. There’s nothing smart about the system, it doesn’t store the last pressure readings, constantly monitor or anything. It’s just a basic on demand pressure reading at solenoid switch points - so regardless of what you are using to display these values you need to have the engine running and do a L to N raise cycle. Last point is that I’ve seen sufficient flaky readings to disregard the obvious outliers and you probably need to do, say, 3 sets of readings and take the median. I use a manual pressure gauge if I’m serious about checking as it shows actual pressure at the damper assemblies. The book states 6.9MPa as the front design pressure when read by Techstream but in my vehicle to get the optimum 5.7MPa at the dampers (gauge) I need 6.7MPa at the pump (Techstream).

Ok cool thanks. This is what I came up with. Seems high. I have fluid on order. Hopefully this can help remedy this. 05 153k miles

20190117_083837.jpg

Ok cool thanks. This is what I came up with. Seems high. I have fluid on order. Hopefully this can help remedy this. 05 153k miles

View attachment 1881564
Is that L to N or N to H? If L to N then very, very high. Helps to include actual vehicle heights and status of weight ie stock or 400 lbs of gear in the back or whatever with your readings for context.

Is that L to N or N to H? If L to N then very, very high. Helps to include actual vehicle heights and status of weight ie stock or 400 lbs of gear in the back or whatever with your readings for context.

Just redid. The 1st pick was from N to H. This new pic is L to N. Also the LX is completely stock with full tank of gas. Nothing in the rear. I'm about 240lbs if that makes a difference. Thanks alot and sorry for the confusion.

20190117_115156.jpg

If you’re happy with your actual heights and the front is level side to side then 7 or 8 cw turns on both TB bolts should get you around 6.8-7MPa without you in the drivers seat. At 240lbs you probably add 0.3MPa to the lifting effort but the book says to set up with no cargo, no people and full tank of fuel. Once you get front pressure close to the design pressure then by all means experiment with what works best and is most comfortable Remember the Factory specifications are for a new vehicle, new fully charged damper globes, P tires at 29/32 psi, new bushings etc.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom