IBS Dual Battery Issue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.rhodescreations.com
Installed a dual battery system in my '99 LX470 about a year ago and it's been working fine. Lately I haven't been driving the rig regularly. As such when I get in the batteries are usually unlinked and I've had to link the batteries in order to start. Recently the link has no longer worked. Fully dead. No click, no nothing. The meter shows the aux battery is holding a charge but it won't link. When I connect a jump pack to the primary battery the alarm immediately starts blaring and the key fob works. I turn off the alarm and start the truck like normal w/o the jump pack.

My guess is that the primary battery is so drained from sitting (some parasitic draw) that the system doesn't recognize that it's present at all... until I connect the jump pack at which point the aux battery links. Does this make sense? Anyone have a similar experience? Solution? Thinking I should just disconnect the primary when the truck isn't in use.

Not sure if this is your situation...

I've had a dual battery for 4-5 years now to a point that I had to replace by secondary batt. I also noticed that the connection on the second was not charging and it turns out that my ground wire had corroded due to the elements. Once I fixed that I was good to go.

Last edited:
@fe sus Your logic is sound. Test for parasitic draw and condition of starting battery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom