Guides Trail
Upper Sandy Ridge Trail
Lower Sandy Ridge Trail

- Date: Aug 17, 2019
- Time: 10:30 am - 2:30 pm
- Temp: 68 F
- Weather: Sunny
- Trail Conditions: dry
- Grooming: well maintained, almost no overhanging branches, low possibility of pinstripes
- Group: JK (Guide), 5th Gen 4Runner, 5th Gen 4Runner, JK, 3rd Gen 4Runner, JK, JK (Tail Gunner)

Attended the Splash, Bash, & Crawl event at CORP. Drivers meeting started at 9:00 am--professional presentation of park rules, amenities, key personnel, etc.. They rate trail difficulty as Category I - Category IV and also have what other parks call Red trails (didn't catch what they call those). The park has onsite camping, a pond/small lake with a sand beach, shooting range, time trials track with jump, offer night driving, and all obstacles have bypasses. Had a great time running the trails and highly recommend checking out this park!

Last edited:

iBlaze

SILVER Star
Rausch Creek Off-Road Park
Pine Grove, PA

Trail A
Trail B
Trail G
Pole Line
Tower Road
101 Hills
Trail E
Trail S
Trail S3
Trail F
Trail 40
Trail T6
Trail K
Trail N4

- Date: Aug 24, 2019
- Time: 9:20 am - 3:00 pm
- Temp: 60 F
- Weather: Clear
- Grooming: well traveled, almost no overhanging branches, low possibility of pinstripes
- Group: TJ (Guide), JK, JK, 5th Gen 4Runner, JL, JK, JT, JK, 5th Gen 4Runner, JL, Tacoma ('19), JK, JK, 5th Gen 4Runner, JK, TJ, JT, JK, JK (Tail Gunner)

Attended the Off Road Consulting 101 Driving Experience led by I4WDTA guide Kyle Butcher at Rausch Creek ORP on Green trails. They had a third guide who floated and took high-res pictures at the training obstacles. You can contact them a couple of days after an event to purchase the action pics--pretty cool. This was a great way to reinforce the fundamentals for those who aren't new to driving off road and is an excellent introduction for those without previous experience. The curriculum progresses nicely to build confidence in the vehicle's capabilities. Had a great time running the trails, highly recommend taking any of the guided rides by Off Road Consulting, and checking out this park!

101_RC_4Runners.jpeg

101_RC_Taco.jpeg

Last edited:

iBlaze

SILVER Star
Rausch Creek Off-Road Park, Aug 24, 2019, Off Road Consulting 101 Driving Experience, Pics 1

Hill Descent_1.jpg

Hill Descent_2.jpg

Off Camber.jpg

Water Fording_2.jpg

Last edited:

iBlaze

SILVER Star
Chaos Off Road Park
Capon Bridge, WV

Rat Shack Trail
Tree Hugger Trail
Titanic Trail
Pebbles & Bam Bam Obstacle
Flexy Obstacle
Bronco Rocks Obstacle
Wildcat Trail
Guides Trail
1 Move Obstacle
Upper Sandy Ridge Trail
Lower Sandy Ridge Trail
101 Trail
Talus Trail
Rollover Trail

- Date: Aug 31, 2019
- Time: 10:30 am - 2:30 pm
- Temp: 68 F
- Weather: overcast, sunny
- Grooming: few overhanging branches, low possibility of pinstripes
- Group: JK (Guide), 5th Gen 4Runner, JK (x3), JL (x2), ’97 ZJ

I returned to CORP to attended the Labor Day Weekend event. It appeared the Chesapeake Jeep Club was making it a weekend club event as they had several rigs there. The group I drove with stuck to Category I trails, but the ZJ managed to break something at his front passenger and had to bail out half way through. While I haven’t explored many obstacles at this park yet, just getting around on the access trails is a lot of fun as it is primarily steep, rocky hill climbs and steep, rocky descents. This was the last event at the park for this year. Sorry no action shots, but it’d be great if next year we could get a group ride together to check out this park to get some shots on the obstacles!

AC435334-C30C-4BE9-8DCA-A64CA4C2ACC8.jpeg

C3A2A3B7-935B-45E9-809C-D8E792EBAD12.jpeg

iBlaze

SILVER Star
Wolf Den Run State Park
Huckleberry Rocks Area, Kitzmiller, MD

Race Track
The Wallow

- Date: Sep 14, 2019
- Time: 11:30 am - 2:45 pm
- Temp: 64 F
- Weather: Cloudy, Sunny
- Trail Conditions: wet, dry
- Grooming: well maintained, few overhanging branches, possibility of pinstripes
- Group: 5G T4R, 5G T4R, LC 200

@afgman786 , @lacefro , and I took a day trip to check out the soft opening of the Huckleberry Rocks ORV Area of Wolf Den Run State Park. We were really lucky to meet Adam, the Assistant Manager Ranger of the HR area, while we were meeting up and preparing to drive. He was very gracious and explained the development of the ORV area and that he would welcome the club for a trail maintenance/development day if we are interested (hint, hint). He has personally built the trails there and is very excited about growing the park for future use. His pride in the park and its future was very evident. The park doesn't currently have onsite camping, but he mentioned an area not far away (Lostland Run, Garrett County?) where you could primitive camp and that there are plans to develop onsite camping in the future.

We stuck to the green trails, left the few blue offshoots for another time, and focused on seeing as much of the park as possible by driving the perimeter of what's developed so far. This would be a perfect location for a 101, "Stock Friendly" or "New to Off Road Driving" ride! The weather was cloudy and gloomy when we met up at the parking area, but as soon as we started driving, it cleared up and was a beautiful day. The clouds rolled back in when we returned to the parking area and started raining as we were airing up. We had a perfect weather window while we were driving. Too funny. I had a great time running the trails with @afgman786 & @lacefro and look forward to visiting this park often as it grows!

691999E4-41D2-416B-A504-733000DD44AA.jpeg

Last edited:

lacefro

SILVER Star
I had a blast!! This was my first time and @iBlaze and @afgman786 were very helpful! I definitely would have messed my 4Runner up if it wasn't for @iBlaze and @afgman786 guiding me throughout the entire trip. Thank you very much gentlemen!! I owe you. As you can see from the pictures I got stuck and @afgman786 's dad had to pull me out. I cannot wait to go back out. Peters Mill Run is calling my name.

4Runner WolfDen Run 3.jpeg

4Runner WolfDen Run 4.jpeg

4Runner WolfDen Run 5.jpeg

4Runner WolfDen Run 13.jpeg

4Runner WolfDen Run 12 .jpeg

afgman786

SILVER Star
I had a blast!! This was my first time and @iBlaze and @afgman786 were very helpful! I definitely would have messed my 4Runner up if it wasn't for @iBlaze and @afgman786 guiding me throughout the entire trip. Thank you very much gentlemen!! I owe you. As you can see from the pictures I got stuck and @afgman786 's dad had to pull me out. I cannot wait to go back out. Peters Mill Run is calling my name.

View attachment 2084397

View attachment 2084398

View attachment 2084399

View attachment 2084405

View attachment 2084410
Glad you enjoyed it man!

View attachment 2084397

View attachment 2084398

View attachment 2084399

View attachment 2084405

View attachment 2084410
Nice truck. Looks you had a good time.

Top Bottom