IAC Cleaning (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
8C51D2EE-3BAD-4896-8FC9-E5F08825F0E8.jpeg

My 94 has been having a surging rpm after cold starts. I pulled the IAC and TB to clean them to see if it would help, but no observed change after putting it all back together. To clean the IAC, I sprayed the spring and plunger with TB cleaner and brushed it down. My question is, do I need to disassemble it further by unscrewing the three bolts (seen above) to clean inside? I’m afraid it’s going to be like opening a can of snakes but less funny.

You can open it up without much trauma but when you do I doubt there will be anything that needs cleaning. What is important is to clean out the air passage in the throttle body that the IAC modulates.

I opened mine once thinking the same thing you did. It seemed fine as is and no change afterwards. There’s an oring that you’ll need to swap out if you do open it up, but I would look elsewhere for vacuum leaks.

For posterity:

IAC Valve screws (really prone to stripping) 90079-11022
IAC Valve O-Ring (the one that fits b/w the valve and the TB, not the ones you need for the o-ring high rpm mod) 90079-60004

Last edited:
Also, if you want to see what the inside of the IAC valve looks like, click HERE. This takes you to the o-ring mod, which entails taking those 3 screws out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom