For Sale IA - FJ40 Ash Tray Replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Kris

But my friends call me Kris
Threads
Hey everyone!

I had a few of these plates made for my FJ40 when I needed a place to put some gauges/switches without adding to the extra PO holes already in my dash. These plates are designed to replace your ash tray and made out of 1/8" mild steel. The blank ones give you the artistic freedom to put in LED warning lights, switches, gauges, or some combination of all those things. The only limit is the opening of the ash tray. The plates with gauge holes have been pretty nice on my 40, but the passenger side gauge can interfere with the defrost duct on an earlier 40, not sure on the later 40's. So to fully utilize both, a shallow gauge would be needed or the gauge itself will need modified on the passenger side. I was able to make my standard analog water temp gauge fit, except for the bulb. Made for a 2 1/16" (40mm) gauge.

These plates will come to you in bare steel, but you can see I had fun painting a few of them to see what looked nice for my rig. Right now I am including shipping in the cost of the part. I have about 10 of each, but if you guys are interested I can get another batch. I was also thinking about making a set for the ARB/Carling rocker switches.

Blank plates - $30
Plate with Gauge Holes - $35

Try and send emails to davisdesigngarage at gmail dot com
I do get on Mud quite frequently, but email will help me keep track better - I think.

IMG_3886.JPG

IMG_3888.JPG

IMG_3889.JPG

IMG_4146.JPG

IMG_4027.JPG

Gauge

Last edited:
KIS😉. Pic and hole size would be good. I could assume it’s 2”, but assuming makes….

Thanks for pointing out the obvious Mark!

😉

Bump

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom