I would love your input-FJ 60 w/350 SBC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It has CA tags through May. He’s had it 2 months and says he has title, but I never got to a point of validating. Here’s the ad photo

View attachment 2949210
looks like a solid truck, aside from the home depot fender flares. A few of those questionable "upgrades" and the strange circumstances of the ownership lead to a possible nightmare, or it could have just been a quick flip. Either way this needs to be inspected by a shop that specializes in old toyotas. There are several good shops that specialize in land cruisers in California.

The ownership issue by itself isn't that big of a deal. I dealt with this recently when I bought my 100. But several weird things together has to be considered a warning.

Oh nice I haven’t seen that one. I’ll check it out. Thanks
No worries. I am in Orange County too, and I just bought my first FJ60. The good thing about buying in this area is that most of the trucks have little to no rust. The bad thing is you will pay a bit of a premium. My only advice would be to make sure you'll be able to smog whatever you end up buying. I didn't do that and had a few anxious weeks getting my FJ60 to pass.

Between craigslist, offerup, bringatrailer and here, there are new ones popping up daily. Keep at it and you'll find the right one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom