I would like the help of MUD! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

2000UZJ

Where's My Hammer?
Threads
Hey guys,

It’s been since 2014 since I sold my 100. I’ve been trying to track it down to buy it back from whoever owns it. How have people gone about finding vehicles to buy back?

Last I heard, Zac Brown (the singer dude) owns it and I have been unable to confirm this. Any easy way to track the owner?

do you still have the vin you could try to track it down that way. if you know someone tha t has access to tis they can run the vin and check for dealer service history, that would give you a place to start

Do you remember the plate #? You might be able to run a lookup on Carfax.com. VIN would be the easiest way.

Do you remember the plate #? You might be able to run a lookup on Carfax.com. VIN would be the easiest way.

Actually yes. I just sent the VIN to a buddy at a dealership. Hoping I don’t find out its been totaled.

I literally just began a campaign today to buy back my old SC400 that I sold a few years back.

First, I called my insurance co and got the VIN from old records. Then I texted the VIN to my buddy who owns a dealership and had him pull a title report, where I learned that it was last registered as of 3/18 in the state of Georgia. Good, since I sold it 3.5 years ago and and it's at least lived until March of this year.

Then, I texted the guy to sold it to and asked if he wanted to sell it back...

:rofl:

But in lieu of having the direct cell for the person you sold it to, or it's been sold again since, you can request from the local DMV of its current registration to be put in contact with the current owner. From there, they made contact with the owner, ask their permission, and if granted, they share the contact info. You can also try to find out the current owner's name through the DMV and run a skip trace report on the person. This might be tricky because most people don't have access to these kinds of reports, but I do and was ready to use it if necessary. Forunately, the person I sold to still has my car.

Good luck!

Plus 1 for posting here to find your old rig. Chances are the owner may be checking out these forums!

Hey Nick, glad to see you haven't completely lost interest after all this time! Just out of curiosity, how come the desire to buy the old beast back rather than find one a little less "used"? Nostalgia?
Best of luck with the effort. Hope it works out.

Alright. Here is the low down. I ran the carfax on it last night. It's been serviced at a shop and I reached out to them.

The call went something like this...

"Hi, this is probably a strange phone call but I am looking for a Land Cruiser that had a window switch replaced in January of 2018 and I am the original owner"
" Yeah man, just came in last night with total brake failure"

Longer story made much shorter regarding the phone call. I will be put in touch with the owner of the truck so we can talk. I have found the truck and have photo's of it, she looks the same but with a few other additions.

Time will tell if I can help her find her way home to my driveway once again.

Old Nick back in the fold!!

Remember this?

D01B97FF-C4E0-45B4-8393-5F576A054D62.jpeg
47D09B0F-AEC6-412A-B61C-67C7B2F07372.jpeg

I remember following Nick's 100 at HIH3. I'm still using one of his LED light bars on top of my polaris ranger at the farm.

Old Nick back in the fold!!

Remember this?
/QUOTE]

@beno I will never forget bedding in the brakes and going to get beer, as they were smoking in the parking lot as we walked away.

Maybe when they find out the possible tab for m/c replacement they'll be more encouraged to sell.

What's the cost on the MC's? I've been a little out of the game. The current owner has deep, and I mean deep pockets.

It is a little unnerving that it only took 18 hours to track down the owner in Alaska.

CarFax + Facebook = No more privacy.

ohh the good ole days. I have memories of the weekend I met Nick riding around in his 100 up in Uwharrie. @2000UZJ that weekend with Parker haha

I remember following Nick's 100 at HIH3. I'm still using one of his LED light bars on top of my polaris ranger at the farm.

@custyota and @bamabrock those were good times! Hopefully you both can follow that bucket of bolts again one day

Awesome! Congrats on tracking her down. Now the real work of convincing the owner to sell and finding a figure comes to play!

I'm curious.. If this works out for you, are you in for a road trip to AK or would you be shipping? (Let's assume the brakes get repaired and it's road worthy)

Awesome! Congrats on tracking her down. Now the real work of convincing the owner to sell and finding a figure comes to play!

I'm curious.. If this works out for you, are you in for a road trip to AK or would you be shipping? (Let's assume the brakes get repaired and it's road worthy)

Either way I slice the bread, I don't know the past few years of maintenance. Even if the brakes are fixed, I think I will ship it just to play safe. $2K to ship it, or $1,250 in gas to get halfway home at $2K to ship it the rest of the way doesn't sound exciting!

I'll need to get closer to that decision to really make up my mind. I have a few hurdles to cross before getting to transportation

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom