I won a 40!!! Introduction (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I agree, I had a set of MTR's that expired and they just came apart after 30 min of freeway below recommended pressure.
That hose with the 90*, I usually go to local parts house and have a look thru the hoses til you find right shape, if they will let you peruse the rack ?

Very cool story!
You gotta love a white ‘73 with a V8! I’m kinda jealous of your TBI.

@pb4ugo I only mentioned it because first post said full cage. This picture looks scary to me.

1C98CA3B-61E9-4D19-9376-5AC6B160F271.jpeg

Not to pile on your list here :) but check those tire date codes ASAP as others have said.

I’m also guessing it has spacers on those wheels so just double check those as well.

It looks pretty solid overall, but im
Guessing that engine swap was done a little while ago judging by the TPI style and also the tires as others have said. Great start!

We have a lot in common! I won the white TLCA Rifle truck that was auctioned a few years back. :)

Welcome.

IMG_6007.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks. I read through every receipt I was given and can’t find anything with hoses or that 90. From what I’ve gathered, the guy who installed the crate engine owned an engine shop so he probably wasn’t concerned with keeping track of that stuff on his own rig. I don’t know if the engine work was done 3 years ago or 30 years ago. I hope to track down that info soon. I can get you measurements if needed.
measurements on the upper radiator hose would be great, it looks better than the generic universal.
I can go in and look at all the hoses at my parts store, thought this would save time!

Check the date stamp on those tires... Goodyear hasn't made that MTR pattern in several years. They're likely aged far past their use-by date.

Sweet truck. Y'all enjoy it.
You are right. 2003. Bummer? I may just have to watch those for awhile.

You are right. 2003. Bummer? I may just have to watch those for awhile.
Those are rollers at this point. They need to be removed before the truck sees any speed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom