BaT I wish there were more restorations like this - BAT Patina Build (1 Viewer)

Bring-a-Trailer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Not mine, but wish it was.

patina 3.jpg

patina 2.jpg

patina 5.jpg

patina 1.jpg

patina 4.jpg

He's one of us!

@wngrog

I absolutely agree...awesome 40! I wish it was mine too.

Beautiful work Nolen!

I 100% say it’s the best driving 40 I’ve ever had the pleasure of driving.

the super smooth fresh2f, late H42 with split case and 32” tires is a spot on combo.
Thanks for the share. I am looking forward to chapter 3 of her story

This is such a sweet FJ40! Having sold several nice patina 40’s to Mud members this will be a good gauge as to where the market stands on their patina/preservation Fj40 land cruiser.

I think the market these days is low mile 80s and LS swapped FJ62s. Way less work than a properly done FJ40

One of my favorites, she's a beaut! Hopefully we will continue to see her story here. Good luck with the auction, Nolen.

Thank you. It’s slowly getting some love. I may be at break even on parts soon :D

This one 40 may have a more of a cult following than Charlie Manson.

Thank you. It’s slowly getting some love. I may be at break even on parts soon :D

I feel like people with no knowledge of properly worked on vintage or even modern vehicles don’t realize how much it costs to do things right with the correct parts and not cutting corners. Spending well into 4 figures on just the rubber parts is hard for most to do.
I haven’t looked through the pics on bat but from my memory on your thread you could have a 4 inch binder of Toyota invoices for just the parts. You should post that.
I hope the buyer continues on updating us all of the vehicles journey on here. It Would be cool to see it get used even if regular duty like taking a hs kid to school or a retired fellow to a fishing spot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom