I was today years old when I figured out (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

??...pic please
1585157448689.png

1585157450783.png

The second row seats can recline by using the side paddle you use to tumble them.
If your front wipers are on but not the rear one, but you put it in reverse, the rear wiper will swipe the glass once so you have a clear view.
Unplug your rain sensor to gain intermittent wiper function back.
Press and hold the air quality button to adjust sensitivity to outside pollution.
Raise the vehicle to it's highest setting (if you have AHC) and you can do most maintenance and repair jobs without jacking, including changing O2 sensors.
Push the "screaming face" button on your steering wheel to tell it what temperature you want the HVAC set at.
Adding gasoline to the large tank under the vehicle will cause it to magically disappear even if you don't move the vehicle very far.

There’s a hack for this up here somewhere - you press the 4 corners of the nav screen and it works while driving. I used It a handful of times 6-7 years ago for my passenger (wife) but you might as well use your phone.

So Yeah, I agree. No big loss
Really?!? I'll have to check that out. Does the 4 corner trick allow you to do the other locked out things while driving, i.e., access phone books, input destinations, etc... ?

The second row seats also have the same straps that attach to the oh sh*t handles when folded up.

You should also be able to switch the auto wipers off using Techstream. I currently have mine unplugged and occasionally they won’t work if left in the intermittent position. I have to cycle through wiper speeds off to high to get the intermittent speeds to work.

Really?!? I'll have to check that out. Does the 4 corner trick allow you to do the other locked out things while driving, i.e., access phone books, input destinations, etc... ?

1st post under generation 4

The second row seats can recline by using the side paddle you use to tumble them.
If your front wipers are on but not the rear one, but you put it in reverse, the rear wiper will swipe the glass once so you have a clear view.
Unplug your rain sensor to gain intermittent wiper function back.
Press and hold the air quality button to adjust sensitivity to outside pollution.
Raise the vehicle to it's highest setting (if you have AHC) and you can do most maintenance and repair jobs without jacking, including changing O2 sensors.
Push the "screaming face" button on your steering wheel to tell it what temperature you want the HVAC set at.
Adding gasoline to the large tank under the vehicle will cause it to magically disappear even if you don't move the vehicle very far.
Most of these are specific to LX, right?
I just tried the reverse wiper thing, and the reverse mirror thing, those don't work. Also no rain sensor, air quality sensor, AHC, or steering wheel buttons.

But my 2nd row seats recline (my kids love that), and my gas does indeed disappear. When towing the camper, we get a nice tour of all the gas stations.

I have a 99 LX and most of the features mentioned here don't exist or don't work.
I remember when I bought it, the exterior mirrors used to tilt in reverse, not anymore....
the rear wiper thing, never seen that...

One feature that I'm sure everybody noticed is how the truck waits for confirmation when you hit the gas hard. It doesn't take off immediately... :p

The reverse auto-tilt mirrors are an LX exclusive feature just like the auto-dimming side mirrors are. Both of mine still work fine in reverse. However, they don't like to come back up. I have to remember to hit the "memory 2" button twice when in Park to "force" the mirrors back up into their normal driving position. I'm too lazy to chase down the cause of that bug.

The reverse auto-tilt mirrors are an LX exclusive feature just like the auto-dimming side mirrors are. Both of mine still work fine in reverse. However, they don't like to come back up. I have to remember to hit the "memory 2" button twice when in Park to "force" the mirrors back up into their normal driving position. I'm too lazy to chase down the cause of that bug.

I'm glad im not the only one. First few times I thought someone was messing with my mirror in parking lots.

If you click the switch to adjust the mirror to L or R, and leave it, the mirrors tilt down in reverse
That sounds amazing, and I'm definitely going to try it. How much risk is there of burning out the motors or wearing out the mechanism from repetitive use? Anyone?
Edit: Nevermind! I read the rest of the posts...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom