1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I WAS having a really bad week.

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by Doc, Aug 1, 2005.

1. Doc

Doc

Media:
    Albums:
    Last week at work was bad.

This week is going to be even longer.

But, got an e-mail today that made my day. Background:

I have a good friend in a city a couple hours away from here. He and his wife (Dan and Jill) have been having a lot of problems having kids. Various miscarriages, etc.. They have one son already. They've been trying to have a scond child for some time. When she finially did make it through the first critical months, she ended up delivering at 28 weeks. (Ironically, the SAME day our son was born, May 10th). The baby girl weighed in at only 2 lb 12 oz.

I was heartbroken for them, being through a rough pregnancy ourselves, my wife and I could imagine and sympathise with what they were going through. Baby Ellie was kept in the level 1 NICU at Mercy Hospital in Des Moines. They live about an hour and a half away from that place, so they were constantly driving back and forth and sometimes sleeping in the waiting room as they didn't want to be far away if something bad happened. At the same time, Dan had to take care of the dogs at home, and go to work, and take care of their other child. It was really rough on him I think.

Today I got an e-mail from him that they took Ellie home over the weekend! Her real 'due date" was July 31st, and Ellie is now at 7.5 lbs and seems to be eating and doing everything else babies should do just fine.

I'm just amazed. I honestly was not expecting her to make it. In my mind it's nothing less than a miracle.

Just wanted to share a good monday story with you guys.

2. Jman

Jman

Totally cool.

3. swank60

swank60

Man, that is awesome.

4. 2badfjs

2badfjs

thanx doc!

the lord works in mysterious ways...................................

5. 82-SOA-60

82-SOA-60

6. stinkyfj60

stinkyfj60

Great story! My wife worked with March of Dimes for premature births and she loves stories like this.. I will forward it on to her too...