I want to fit drive members instead of Free wheel hubs on the 79 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So as the title suggests, has anyone done this?
basically, i manage a fleet fo 79 series Land Cruiser game viewers, and they are mostly fitted with Auto locking hubs, some of the older cars have free wheel hubs.

the current fix in Botswana is to swap the Auto Locking hubs for Free wheel hubs (Aisin) but this can be expensive especially when you have 10 cars to do.

my thinking is that if i can find the flange/drive member that fits the front of the 79 it would be an easy swap, right?
anyone done this?
anyone heard of it being done?
which flange drive member will fit?

thanks in advance

Jason

Guessing that you want stock 79 drive flanges, if so yes.
The spindle is the key, I have swapped 80 and 79 parts for years.
Drive Flange #43421-60030 many models of 70*s series
Spindle # 43401-60080 from at least 1990 to Present time over a range of Land Cruisers and Lexus.

Guessing that you want stock 79 drive flanges, if so yes.
The spindle is the key, I have swapped 80 and 79 parts for years.
Drive Flange #43421-60030 many models of 70*s series
Spindle # 43401-60080 from at least 1990 to Present time over a range of Land Cruisers and Lexus.
Thanks, any other issues you have come across? long term or short term that i should be aware of/
we do very little tar road driving, is there any increased drive wear, to tyres or to front propshaft, or even front diff?
i think that since the front end will be constantly moving, as if the free wheel hubs are locked, the propshaft will be constantly lubricating itself? as long as i keep greasing the UJ's? and slip joint?

The locked set up is used in our underground mines and has proven it's success. You definitely want to grease your units as grease is cheap and effective.
Because I travel through water often my 80's get greased twice a month.
Still running original joints with over 250000km.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom