1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want one of these

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by silvercrusher, Jun 30, 2005.

1. silvercrusher

silvercrusher

This looks so cool I don't think i've seen one before. Is it 6 wheel drive or is one axle just for weight. Oh the things i could do with it and it would turn heads. Put a tradesman canopy on it or build something like a camper.

2. roscoFJ73

roscoFJ73

Media:
    Albums:
    Can be a true 6x6 but most are 6x4 with the extra axle for weight.
    There use to be haltracks available.

This is one of the places that does the conversion

http://www.multidrive.com.au/index.html

3. Stone

Stone Moderator

You guys should have seen what I saw on the trailer of a semi yesterday. Two brand spanking new HZJ79s heading for the mines. The first one was a white regular cab with a long bed (it looked longer) and a custom aluminum canopy on it. The canopy had two windows on the side. The second one was also white and a regular cab, but it had a shorter trayback and full armor (bullbar, fender and quarter protection, rock sliders).

To think that in a few short years those brand new beauties will look like Wayne's PZ before he started his resto is almost too painful to imagine.

4. Petzel

Petzel

Media:
    Stone, I used to work for Miller Technology in Ontario and we were the only importer of the 79's in Canada other than Enns. We would unload the 79's and drive them into the shop and rip out all yons of parts, install our own parts, and build personel carriers, flat decks, mechanics work decks, ambulance bodies.....etc. Oh and we would also install killer wet disc Hurth axles. It was pretty cool jumping in the trucks, driving them around, smelling the NEW Landcruiser smell and seeing the odometer read 0000008km. AHHHHHH those were the days. Now i just drive my stinky truck that leans to the driver side and look at the odometer that reads 200000km! :confused:

5. crushers

crushers post ho

i look at the 6X6 conversions and can not help but think that in the city the rear tires would wear very quickly. there is no give for tight corners so on set of tires would have to scuff around the corners...
    love the look though... sweet!

6. Stone

Stone Moderator

Petzel: Yes! That was the company name that was painted on the doors...but I couldn't quite remember it at the time of my post. Thanks. Yes, those are some SWEET looking Cruisers. I wonder where they were headed from Langley? The train yard?

7. Petzel

Petzel

Media:
    Were they headed West? It does seem wierd that they would be heading West, but I know that a mine in Montana uses the Cruisers, or maybe they are headed to Central or South America. Miller sends a lot of other types of mining vehicles to South America so maybe they are headed South. (I would prefer if they headed right into my garage)