I want a 200 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I still have my FJ62 and thats never going anywhere... But I want something a little newer, more powerful, slightly better on gas, and I guess safer. I dont know the major/minor differences between the earlier 200s and the newer ones in terms of fancy features. Ideally it'd have air conditioned seat (im a fat ass and sweat a ton) and one of those neat center console coolers. Im mainly looking at 2013 and newer. Im open to LX570s as well since they are actually a few thousand dollars less expensive in the used market. My price range is getting me into the 90-110,000 mile range. Anything I need to be worried about with the 5.7?
Anyway, just looking for comments or experience from folks who may know a little more than me and of course any other comments.

Having owned both (07 GX/15 LX), I would hands down tell you the 200 is a better vehicle. I was offroading my GX before it became the hip thing to do and while they are nice vehicles, they are not landcruisers. Parts on the 200/LX are tougher, more durable, and carry more credence throughout the world.

I have a 15LX570 now that I have absolutely put through the ringer. I was with the 200 crew @smittycrusher mentioned and the truck was fine with them even though I looked like the red-headed stepchild (which am in the group). The LX interior is hands down nicer, but trade off is AHC with LX. If you dont want to lift it (aside from sensor lift) you can fit 35s with some cutting and minor adjustments.

If you get the GX, you'll always want the 200- that's just how this works, esp since you've been eyeing them. Last thing you want to do is have buyers remorse after spending that kind of money. Dollar for dollar, the 200/LX is hands down more value and stature than posting pics on IG with a built GX photo-editing the chit out of the color saturation/softness and breaking a cardinal sin of leaving your winch line exposed and connected incorrectly/haphazardly.

if its for your wife buy the GX. If you're a man buy the 200 - and that little bit of info is the diamond in the billy goats ass

I would seriously consider the 200 to be to the GX like the GX is to a 4runner. One is clearly tougher and more heavy duty than the other, but with a bunch of money any of them can be turned into something stupid.

Scott, bringing out the whole 200 series crew!! Good to hear from some owners of both 150/200s. I saw the pictures on mud and Instagram of the 200 event... I really want to go next year lol. These pictures of 200s pretty much sealed the deal for me. Built about as much as I’d need.
7D9F3696-066C-46A4-B76C-89F8784B4C45.jpeg
BCF14B90-DF35-4A1D-8389-4722D3D87386.jpeg
35E23F17-4C1A-4EBD-83C7-235304F02311.jpeg
49166A1B-9717-4C9D-81D5-793401DD86B2.jpeg

If you like the light colored or white 200's, this one is really nicely built. Not for sale but great for inspiration.

I don't know anything about GX's so can't comment on that. I'm sure they are nice but...

enhance

enhance

enhance

Gotta throw one in of mine :)
enhance

F-THAT s*** Buy a forty! I thought I taught you better than that! Better yet a highly modified 45 for the money you swinging dicks are throwing around!!! Maybe a nice Durango is what you really desire!
20180816_140442.jpg

What the hell, just buy the 200. You can not take your money with you!

KTF pays 7% dividend tax frreeeeee every month!!!!!!!!
Just ask Pablo
Screenshot_20180825-223953.png

741BE968-11A1-4F30-ACBF-16C01ED23230.jpeg
Get the 200, did this to mine this week!

Went through similar myself, and ended up with a '17 LC last week. Just do it.

Y'all are going to cost me a lot of money with those built 200 pics. Planning to get there, but with time. First, need to get these all-seasons off.

I was originally looking at an 80 series and brought home a 200

9DFE3223-F295-4497-8411-1DA7D93D165B.jpeg
I took my brother to check out the grey 200 at lunch a few weeks ago that I was going to buy my wife and dump her 2015 4Runner. My brother bought it out from under me! He dumped his 2003 100 series and said it was the best car decision he has ever made... My wife said that she was ok keeping her car and that I have a problem and do not screw with her car.... o welll
Here they are togeather,,,, Get one and do not look back!

What is considered a reasonable amount of miles for a good used 200? Is there a sweet spot? Do these run forever like the previous Cruisers?
I think it is too soon to tell. I was looking at them 2 yrs ago and it was $33k for about 100k mikes and reasonably clean truck. It would be interesting to survey mud owners.

I think it is too soon to tell. I was looking at them 2 yrs ago and it was $33k for about 100k mikes and reasonably clean truck. It would be interesting to survey mud owners.

Are there any known serious problems to be concerned about?

Ask @jblatl here on thread aND a 200 owner who has owned many toyotas

This is where I was on the one I just bought. It is an 11 with 95,000 on it. $32,000 and the governments share. I took it to north Ga. this weekend on forest service roads to get my GF eased into off road.

This is where I was on the one I just bought. It is an 11 with 95,000 on it. $32,000 and the governments share. I took it to north Ga. this weekend on forest service roads to get my GF eased into off road.

Did you have to do any repairs to it?

Did you have to do any repairs to it?

The cup holder is broken and a set of wipers. That is it. Has a new radiator and has a pretty good service history. Appears to have been a soccer mom mobile for most of its life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom