I want a 200 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I still have my FJ62 and thats never going anywhere... But I want something a little newer, more powerful, slightly better on gas, and I guess safer. I dont know the major/minor differences between the earlier 200s and the newer ones in terms of fancy features. Ideally it'd have air conditioned seat (im a fat ass and sweat a ton) and one of those neat center console coolers. Im mainly looking at 2013 and newer. Im open to LX570s as well since they are actually a few thousand dollars less expensive in the used market. My price range is getting me into the 90-110,000 mile range. Anything I need to be worried about with the 5.7?
Anyway, just looking for comments or experience from folks who may know a little more than me and of course any other comments.

Patrick,

Skip the 200, great trucks, but they use plastic components in head and are not as reliable as some of the other toyota engines. Dollar for dollar the lexus gx470 is the best and most reliable and capable vehicle for what you want. The lexus gx470 is a landcruiser prado worldwide and one of the most common landcruisers I have seen in Colombia.
I have had mine for 2 years and the only difference between the LX470 is about 5 cubic feet of storage space.
Same engine, transmission, etc and less problems with steering rack, suspension, etc.
Save your money, invest difference in dividend stocks.

Go ahead and find me a nice 200 while you’re at it. I’ll toss my 80 real quick for one of those

Patrick,

Skip the 200, great trucks, but they use plastic components in head and are not as reliable as some of the other toyota engines. Dollar for dollar the lexus gx470 is the best and most reliable and capable vehicle for what you want. The lexus gx470 is a landcruiser prado worldwide and one of the most common landcruisers I have seen in Colombia.
I have had mine for 2 years and the only difference between the LX470 is about 5 cubic feet of storage space.
Same engine, transmission, etc and less problems with steering rack, suspension, etc.
Save your money, invest difference in dividend stocks.

Idk I just can't do a gx470 or 460. im sure their very nice but not for me. Im not really planning on keeping it stock so if I was gonna get some prado base, it'd be a v8 4th gen... which I also dont want. ill look into the engine reliability tho. and ill make sure to keep investing in stocks! You're gonna make me rich with this smart advice, Andrew.

Idk I just can't do a gx470 or 460. im sure their very nice but not for me. Im not really planning on keeping it stock so if I was gonna get some prado base, it'd be a v8 4th gen... which I also dont want. ill look into the engine reliability tho. and ill make sure to keep investing in stocks! You're gonna make me rich with this smart advice, Andrew.

I just bought a new (to me) truck from a broker I found on CL, transaction was super smooth and wouldn't hesitate to use him again. He claims to specialize in Toyota trucks and can hunt down anything you want though I'd take that with a grain of salt, think he charged me about $350 on top of price of truck. Anyway, will be happy to pass along his name and number if you want.

I just bought a new (to me) truck from a broker I found on CL, transaction was super smooth and wouldn't hesitate to use him again. He claims to specialize in Toyota trucks and can hunt down anything you want though I'd take that with a grain of salt, think he charged me about $350 on top of price of truck. Anyway, will be happy to pass along his name and number if you want.

omg a helpful post from Ted??? Sure ill be happy to take that information! ive just been looking on here and like auto trader and car gurus and stuff... luckily most 200s are the same, just different colors.

omg a helpful post from Ted???

well crap, looks like I lost his card. Oh well, guess you're on your own now. Was gonna recommend my financing company too, was in and out in 30 mins with loan in hand but think I lost their card as well. Sucks for you!

kidding --- Text message outbound to you. :flipoff2:

I have had some very costly repairs with my 200. Message me and we can talk if you want. I love mine but there are some issues I can warn you about. My brother just bought his 200 last month, we love the trucks. My brother and I both sold our old 100 series trucks within the last month or so, do not miss them at all. Ps. Wife has a 2015 4Runner and it has no balls, I hate it.

What did you buy Ted?

I picked up this little baby for a song, gonna be my new daily driver/tow/camping/street racing rig.

'yaYpXRrmNlM.png'.png

Bwahahahaha, and you drove it to trader Joes to pick up some free range grain feed beef. :rofl:

Subliminal message. ..... get a Lexus GX470
Screenshot_2018-07-20-15-33-27.png

Back around, I'm not sure about amenities, but I am pretty sure the 200s only came in one trim level, "loaded". If you are willing to look at a little older with more mileage, mid 20s would probably be about right. As noted above, be ready to be upper 30s bumping 40 if I was taking a guess. Like you said, the LX models seem to come in a few thousand under the LCs.
I will likely be looking for a 200 myself in a couple years myself.

As far as building it when you get to that, this is one of my favorites out there.
Meet "Fat Amy" my Amazon Green 200 Series

If you'd a been a little quicker, you could have bought it, ready to roll.

Anyway, you do all the homework so I can reference it in a year or 2 when I start looking.

You can not modify the suspension in a LX570! The LC has a traditional setup. FYI...

Just so you know, ATT was in the low 30 range with a sweet dividend

There is no way I would consider a GX470/460 over a 200 series. They are seriously different vehicles and if a 200 is what you want, I don't think a GX will ever scratch that itch...not even close. I just led a couple of 200s through HITR trail while it was 100+ degrees outside. That is NOT a trail for the faint of heart. Sure a built GX could have done it as well, but the majority of the components on the PRADO chassis are much lighter duty than the 200. Kunz probably has more money in his GX470 than each of the 200 guys have in their trucks (including cost of truck).

Here is the thread I started about the 200s on HITR...

200s on Hole in the Rock Trail HITR

oh, and ATT is down 17.50% year to date which is why the dividend yield is so sweet. The haven't raised the dividend at all this year so higher yield is 100% due to loss of value.

Smitty

I agree with @smittycrusher there is no comparison. We just bought a 17 GX460 for my wife (completely hooked up) .. Great for mall crawling and running around town. We will be giving this to our daughter and getting my wife a 570. 200s are super trucks. You can drive 2500 miles @ 80Mph, air down the tires and hit the trails, buy a 40 and tow it back home @ 70mph without batting an eye. Zero chance you are doing this with a GX. If you are on the fence, buy the 200 - you will regret it if you don’t.

just my 2 cent piece

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom