I think i need a little help? Blown head gasket (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ok , its all done and running, what an ordeal ! Did the swap found a complete block out of a 99 truck from a junk yard out of UT $430.00 shiped 94K on it ? Anyhow pulled old eng swap all parts to new/old block. I’ll be dipped it runs and it runs and drives great

Now I my son and I need to get back to working on his Fj60 and get it back to running. His smog pump seems to be the problem,my son bought a bunch of stuff to desmog with a Webber 38 from man a fre but I think they sold him the wrong carb after doing some research should have been a Webber 36 I believe? Anyhow be for smog pump went bad/locked up had to take fj into a shop it was just running bad shop adjusted valves and carb. It was running great and then the smog pump. Well after reading here I think I want to keep the Toyota carb since it was running so good after the adjusted things . But now the smog pump? WHAT DO YOU THINK WE SHOULD DO?

Now I my son and I need to get back to working on his Fj60 and get it back to running. His smog pump seems to be the problem,my son bought a bunch of stuff to desmog with a Webber 38 from man a fre but I think they sold him the wrong carb after doing some research should have been a Webber 36 I believe? Anyhow be for smog pump went bad/locked up had to take fj into a shop it was just running bad shop adjusted valves and carb. It was running great and then the smog pump. Well after reading here I think I want to keep the Toyota carb since it was running so good after the adjusted things . But now the smog pump? WHAT DO YOU THINK WE SHOULD DO?
Think that posting in the 60 series forum would be the best place to start.

... It was running great and then the smog pump. Well after reading here I think I want to keep the Toyota carb since it was running so good after the adjusted things . But now the smog pump? WHAT DO YOU THINK WE SHOULD DO?

I think you should junk the smog pump and keep the Toyota carb. Here's the link to 60 series forum. Search there to learn how to do without smog pump. 60-Series Wagons

Wow, here i am scared to death I'm about to destroy my LX trying to read the FSM and set backlash on my rear diff, checking everything 5 times....and this guy goes and swaps his head gasket with no FSM and doesn't even know what top dead center is or how to properly position the timing belt.

****ing legend, nice work dude

Wow, here i am scared to death I'm about to destroy my LX trying to read the FSM and set backlash on my rear diff, checking everything 5 times....and this guy goes and swaps his head gasket with no FSM and doesn't even know what top dead center is or how to properly position the timing belt.

f***ing legend, nice work dude
Well I did bug the s*** out of a few mechanics and it has taken me like a year I’ll have son post some pics hopefully soon

Real footage of me trying to do a head gasket

giphy.gif

I didn’t give anyone permission to film me!

Thats your problem OP.... your actually working on a BMW no wonder.. :rofl:

But seriously daam boy... you certainly have some adventure in you by doing this without any assistance..

BTW did you download the FSM? search on there forum.. and you shall find it. or search on here and you shall find it.. Toyota/Lexus FSM - plz use search to look for FSM

Any reason this shouldn't work??? Looks good from here.

Straight from the FSM for head gasket replacement:

Step one: "Strike intake manifold with 3 lb iron headed hammer in a star-pattern; either 35 times or until technician's arm is tired."

Ok , its all done and running, what an ordeal ! Did the swap found a complete block out of a 99 truck from a junk yard out of UT $430.00 shiped 94K on it ? Anyhow pulled old eng swap all parts to new/old block. I’ll be dipped it runs and it runs and drives great

$100 land cruiser, $500 2UZ with only 94k on it, swap runs first time.

@Harps buy a lotto ticket

a couple of weeks ago I went hunting, when I left my wife called a wrecking yard to come take it away lucky for me they weren’t picking anything up locally due to covid

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom