I think I need a driver side 76 cruiser defrost guide vent.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need the part that the defroster hose for the left drivers side needs to be slid onto. This is what the tube side of my current one looks like:
Screen Shot 2021-10-19 at 6.43.52 PM.png

This is where the defroster tube from the heater plugs into for the windshield defrost outlet. The one on the passenger side seems to be in ok shape. My questions are:

1) Am I calling it the correct name?
2) Can this part be removed. Some of the pictures I've seen make it look like it might not be removable.
2) If it is removable, do you need to fold the windshield down to remove this part? My FJ40 is a 76 hardtop.
3) I have a Toyota Chassis & Body 1975 - 1980 Repair manual, but there isn't anything in there for the actual defroster vent components in the windshield, is there another chassis manual that has the name and descriptions of body and chassis parts? I also have a Haynes Manual but it didn't show it either.
4) Is there an aftermarket product if a used one isn't available?

If I take it out I may be able to repair what I have, or fabricate something to attach to the non damaged sections, if the parts I can't see are undamaged.

It can't be removed easily. It is welded to the top of the cowling.
A better condition one could be cut out of a donor and re-welded in place of your beat up one.
You might be able to straighten that up some and get the defroster hose to seal, but it is pretty bent up.

Edited to ad.
You would have to fold down the windshield to either replace it or try to straighten out the curves.

It can't be removed easily. It is welded to the top of the cowling.
A better condition one could be cut out of a donor and re-welded in place of your beat up one.
You might be able to straighten that up some and get the defroster hose to seal, but it is pretty bent up.

Edited to ad.
You would have to fold down the windshield to either replace it or try to straighten out the curves.
I have a similar problem with mine where a shoddy mechanic cut holes in my 1972 duct. Do you know if it was sold as part of the cowl or if it has its own part number?

As far as I know it is considered part of the Cowl.
I got two of the vents from a Mud member through classifieds who was parting out a tub and cowl.
I needed two to put into a fiberglass tub that did not have the vents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom