I think I just bought this '77 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
:)

I just sent an email to the current owner. He hasn't replied yet but I am positive that it's a go.

It needs to be imported to Canada so I will drive over to Michigan next week, stop at the border in Sault Sainte Marie and talk to an agent there so I know the exact requirements. I will then be sure that we have all the paperwork needed.
I will then drive to the owner of the truck, meet him in person, take a good look at it, pay cash and take the title and bill of sale with me. I won't be able to take the truck with me yet because it won't be plated and insured. On my way back I will present the paperwork to customs. They will need a minimum of 72 hours to process it.

I can then arrange transport trailer and will pick after a couple of days later, after I have confirmed that customs is ready for me.

I know I will have to travel to Michigan twice, but I think it is worth it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33459059/1977 Toyota/Images/25.jpg

Last edited:
Very cool. Always liked those. Hope you don't plan on driving it in the winter up there.

Thanks, I'm pretty exited.:bounce:

I will spray it good to prevent rust but probably won't use it in the winter anyway. Our 4x4's can handle the nasty fluffy stuff.

She is for light -around the house- duty. Dump runs , building material, yard work etc.. that kind of stuff. Ever since I sold my truck last fall, I miss the bed. Here are some more pics.

So did I !

My uncle fought in WW II . Swore he would never by Jap. Anything, bought one like that drove it for 20 years , loved it! Have fun . Mike

I went over too take a look at the truck and finish the paper work. Quite a trip (1400 miles trip) but totally worth it.
I met the owner, talked about the truck, took it for a test drive and shook his hand.
The pickup is is unbelievable shape. It has it's wear and tear, little nicks, scratches and dents, but definitely a time capsule. Just the way I like it.
No respray to speak of (maybe the bezel). Everything under the hood is there and works.
And it drives, shifts and brakes exceptionally good.

I will be picking it up and importing it next week. I can't wait.

Here are some more pics. Look at the size of it of you compare it to my LX :lol:

IMG_3060.jpg

IMG_3061.jpg

IMG_3062.jpg

IMG_3063.jpg

IMG_3064.jpg

IMG_3069.jpg

That thing is sweet. Congrats.

Would love to see some pics of the interior and engine.

And here's a little video:

Needs a pair of fuzzy dice on the mirror, and a suicide knob on the wheel. Then it would be complete.:D

Awesome. I like this way more than the 84 you were looking at even though it's only a 2WD. Someday I will have another 79-83 4X4 to add to my collection. Love the early trucks.

Take good care of it, you don't see many like that these days. My Dad had a '78 sr5 longbed when I was a kid and it was bulletproof. It rusted away to nothing, but we salt allot in Colorado. They rust when you say the word 'salt'. I'd give the bed three years in Canada if you drive her in winter.

Needs a pair of fuzzy dice on the mirror, and a suicide knob on the wheel. Then it would be complete.:D

lol, I was thinking more in the line of a straw hat and a couple of bales of hay. I prefer the utilitarian looks and feel...

Awesome. I like this way more than the 84 you were looking at even though it's only a 2WD. Someday I will have another 79-83 4X4 to add to my collection. Love the early trucks.

I agree. The '84 just wasn't it. And it wasn't just his asking price.
I think I am just too old (school) to appreciate crazy lifts, chrome wheels and other mods. I actually like the simplicity of a basic 2wd work truck.

Take good care of it, you don't see many like that these days. My Dad had a '78 sr5 longbed when I was a kid and it was bulletproof. It rusted away to nothing, but we salt allot in Colorado. They rust when you say the word 'salt'. I'd give the bed three years in Canada if you drive her in winter.

I sure will. I will undercoat it as a precaution but the 2wd will prevent me using it in the winter. I do expect that it will need a resto in a couple of years, but I am up to that challenge.

Awesome find. It really is a testament to how the "mini" trucks have grown over the years. Heck the Tacoma's are as big as your LX. I love my 90, now just have to figure a way to get a 4door into the states...

that thing looks clean!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom