I tank Fuel pump (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking to put an intank fuel pump in my 55 to support the 3EFI I am installing. Has anyone got good reviews on a unit that will fit the stock gas tank?

Sniper in tank pumps have gotten good reviews for various setups. Aeromotive kits cost a bit more but also have good reviews. Im going to go with the Sniper kit when I upgrade from inline.
I did not know about Sniper in tank pumps!

My 3FE install uses a inline pump, but I know they are not a favorite approach. I think there are times it is on the verge of vapor locking...

Tanks Inc several models to choose from. Walbro pumps.

This is also pretty interesting! I think it is the Honda crowd that says Walbro are noisy, but noise is kind of relative in a Pig...

Have you run any of their products in a Pig tank?

I appreciate the input from all. I did a coating on a replacement tank and neglected to blow out the feed lines before the coating hardened, thus the need for an intank unit. As I do research I am tempted to just resort to installing a bung and continue with the inline pump. Any thoughts on this cheaper mode ?

Amazon product ASIN B07MRH5798

I appreciate the input from all. I did a coating on a replacement tank and neglected to blow out the feed lines before the coating hardened, thus the need for an intank unit. As I do research I am tempted to just resort to installing a bung and continue with the inline pump. Any thoughts on this cheaper mode ?

Amazon product ASIN B07MRH5798
I would be tempted to try to get through the coating before I cut a new hole in the tank.

Try an old speedo cable attached a drill and go at it nice and slow...

EDIT: Just realised I've repeated what others have said.

I've been looking at a Holley unit for a future swap. Still not sure if in tank or in line is the way to go, Holley seems a simple ( though spendy) option.

Something like this:

Last edited:
This is also pretty interesting! I think it is the Honda crowd that says Walbro are noisy, but noise is kind of relative in a Pig...

Have you run any of their products in a Pig tank?
I've put them in several different makes. I've run one in my 40 for years with a rear tank. You won't hear it.

I've been looking at a Holley unit for a future swap. Still not sure if in tank or in line is the way to go, Holley seems a simple ( though spendy) option.

Something like this:

In tank is the best way to go. The fuel will keep the pump cool and it will last longer. External pumps are pretty noisy in my experience.

Something like this:

Cheaper, more fuel capacity.

The Holley units indicate minimum tank depth is 7”, and I measure 6” depth on my 55.
I may have jumped the gun a bit on that one, I haven't had a chance to pull the float and measure mine. I had planned on lowering the tank in the frame to gain a bit more space between the top of the tank and the body work as my spare tyre is mounted in the back.

I'm also considering a deeper tank .

had my pick up rust shut on a 78 , just drilled out a small hole , drilled though the rust plug . then re welded a heavy patch , kinda see the chalk mark of where the pick up tube was located

20210101_164257.jpg

20210102_120645.jpg

I may have jumped the gun a bit on that one, I haven't had a chance to pull the float and measure mine. I had planned on lowering the tank in the frame to gain a bit more space between the top of the tank and the body work as my spare tyre is mounted in the back.

I'm also considering a deeper tank .
So, I remeasured and we have approximately 7” just at the deepest point near the drain well.

Cheaper, more fuel capacity.
I like the price on that. Worth dropping the tank a bit for clearance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom