I Sold it! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hey guys, been a long time! I hadnt used the cruiser much in the last year or so (twice to be exact) so with an ever growing need to work on the boat (my home) and spending less time out in the bush, it was time to sell the cruiser.

it was hard it let go but it started deteriorating quite quickly being parked under the trees on a hill. felt bad for it, didnt have the energy to get it back up to snuff and had bought a tacoma for easier daily driving and general comfort.

so there...its gone.

I'd love to get back into a cruiser some day, and itll be either a 40 or a 70 of sorts....maybe an 80 if the stars are aligned.

sold it to a nice kid (18yo) up in courtney, so im glad its staying somewhat local, and its gone to a good toyota loving home. kids a gear head and has owned other crazy toyotas prior so he should be able to adjust to that frightening beast in no time. itll get used and abused, just as the toyota gods intended!

IMAG7390.jpg

IMAG3408.jpg

111.JPG

FB_IMG_1478500408203.jpg

FB_IMG_1497324802019.jpg

Ha, so does that make @crustyBJ60 the only ex pres who hasn't sold his cruiser and bought a taco?

Damn things are gonna outnumber the cruisers next time I have a pissup/frog hunt :lol:

Gotta admit I'm tempted by a harmless little taco sometimes as my to-do list starts including more rust...

I'm staying in the denial phase of that decision for as long as possible. :hillbilly:

Jason is looking at test driving a newer Taco and getting rid of his Tundra, not sure how that big lad is going to squeeze his way into the cab. Mind you Cam has had a Tacoma for a few years and he fits in that rig, I think the boys want to have matching trucks with KTMs in the back..;)

I've had my hands pretty full the last couple years. Here my current episode I started in October

View attachment 2581342

View attachment 2581345

View attachment 2581346

View attachment 2581347

View attachment 2581348

I'm having flashbacks...:lol:

Was always a fun day when someone brought in a wooden boat for a small rot repair, and the first tools you show up with are a chainsaw and a bigass prybar...:hillbilly:

But with a wood boat it actually is as good as new once fixed. Not just patched like a steel or glass boat.

I'm having flashbacks...:lol:

Was always a fun day when someone brought in a wooden boat for a small rot repair, and the first tools you show up with are a chainsaw and a bigass prybar...:hillbilly:

But with a wood boat it actually is as good as new once fixed. Not just patched like a steel or glass boat.

That's the hope at least! 90 planks, 4 keel timbers, 2 stringers, 5 deck beams, rudder block, transom, decks, gunnels and all new water system this year. Oh and a full paint job to come before launch late this spring. Tired of the patchy paint currently...or more tired of the disgruntled looks from others in the anchorages 😂
Westcaper-1.jpg

That's the hope at least! 90 planks, 4 keel timbers, 2 stringers, 5 deck beams, rudder block, transom, decks, gunnels and all new water system this year. Oh and a full paint job to come before launch late this spring. Tired of the patchy paint currently...or more tired of the disgruntled looks from others in the anchorages 😂
Jesus dude. You do your own survey when you bought that thing? :flipoff2:

Like I can talk haha

Although in my defense, I got it for the rig and the lead keel...it was later that the bad decisions began.

2013-02-10 15.23.36.jpg

Jesus dude. You do your own survey when you bought that thing? :flipoff2:

Like I can talk haha

Although in my defense, I got it for the rig and the lead keel...it was later that the bad decisions began.

View attachment 2581402

Not before I bought no, but I did afterwards and it wasn't found. Seems solid until you pulled the glass back, and there it was, all gone. Under the decks the Po had sprayed in foam and it caused a lot of rot where you had no access

Ah spray foam is never a good thing. Fish holds were always the worst. Can't say I miss trying to fasten a plank and the screws just pushing through the frame.

Planks falling off when the boats were hauled was more common than you'd think. Water pressure holding them on...

But until you need to learn to sleep with one leg dangling off the bed so the water wakes you up when it hits your toes, it's not that bad. :lol:

Old guy at the marina used to throw rock salt on his decks all the time.

Not sure how much difference that'd make, but fresh water is evil, so if the water was a bit salty when it found the inevitable leaks it couldn't hurt.

Ya I've heard that trick. Fully epoxy glassed boat, so water shouldn't get in anywhere but s*** happens. This all stemmed from a crack in the scupper, water got between the glass and wood

I hear ya Lachlan, sometimes the "to do" list gets overwhelming with many things to tend to. Boats and LC's sure take up time and money. I'm sure the new owner will like the 60.

Say it ain't so...

I can understand... I almost sold mine once... now it's to late.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom