I saw the new FJ cruiser today... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

djawahir

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
battlebalm.com
I thought these things are not supposed to be out until 2007. I saw one today in Laguna Hills, CA. What gives? It's definitely not as pretty as the FJ60...

The Information packet that SOR/Toyota sent out says that the "FJ" will be rolled out FEB. 2006

"pretty"? Who wants a "pretty" cruiser??? :flipoff2:

I believe I saw a yellow one at the California Speedway in Fontana this afternoon. Couldn't tell for certain but what other suv has a white top and the rear mount spare?

Whatever everyone knows the 80 is the best cruiser ever made :flipoff2:

I just chatted with the dealer. He tells me that they'll be selling at $38k even though the MSRP on the flyer he gave me is much less. He also told me they would only get a few a year and he had no idea when their allocation would be delivered. That, and I would need a $10k deposit on one for now. That's nuts.

rutbeer said:
I just chatted with the dealer. He tells me that they'll be selling at $38k even though the MSRP on the flyer he gave me is much less. He also told me they would only get a few a year and he had no idea when their allocation would be delivered. That, and I would need a $10k deposit on one for now. That's nuts.

did you tell him to jump off the nearest bridge?

Yeah, I laughed at him. The MSRP on the Toyota document I have is $24-$29k.
Why would I knowingly give him an extra $9 grand to have one early? I guess some people would, but I'd rather wait until the second generation comes out.

I was worried that the car dealer would put two and two together. seeing how Toyota is pimiping the fjc as a "land cruiser" and the 100 series cost as much as a house, I figured they would try something like tacking on $9k

Mine was purchased for $500 down and 5% above invoice. I'm sure I don't even want the damn thing. I'm a speculative buyer.

I remember when the 350z came out. I stopped at a nissan dealer and they were asking a $6K fee for "early availability", a couple of months later you could get it bellow MSRP

rutbeer said:
He is full of you know what, at 40,000 units/year it isn't going to be axactly difficult to buy one, once the mad rush of the first few months. Imagine buying one for $38k then w/in 6 months it is only worth ~$23k, ouch!

rutbeer said:
He also told me they would only get a few a year and he had no idea when their allocation would be delivered.
That's what Chrysler dealerships claimed when they first released the PT Cruiser. (Mazda pulled the same thing with the Miata back in the 90's.) Two months later, everybody and their brother were driving those so-called "limited availability" cars. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom