I saw a thread related to doors not unlocking with remote but key works...but cant find it and search isnt pulling results. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Passenger front door does not lock / unlock with remote and I read about the module that needs replacing somewhere but I cant for the life of me find it, anyone got the part number or instructions on what to replace?

maah truck for views.
_DSC1140.jpg

just bumping this so I can replace before truck is sold to a friend. Door lock Actuator sound like what I was thinking of?

Do the rest of the doors work with the fob?
key fob locks/unlocks all other doors.

drivers armrest deosnt unlock passenger, nor does passenger armrest.

Key in passenger door unlocks the door as well as sounding like other doors.

Ya, it’s the motor in the lock actuator.

You can buy the whole actuator for a few hundred bucks or you can buy the motor only on eBay for 5-10. The process is 95% the same work wise. Takes 30 minutes to an hour.

There is a YouTube channel, The Land Cruiser Project, that has a good walkthrough of the process.

I think this is the thread you are talking about with regards to the door actuator.
Other thing to realize is that the switch module on the drivers side can go out and thus not control the doors. From what you are saying, the FOB is programmed to the truck allowing the other doors to be unlocked but drivers door does not (which would indicate the actuator motor is dead) but the switches is a different story.
Check out ChowCares on YT as he has a video of an aftermarket switch assembly he installed because he was having similar issues. Other option would be to see if you can find a used one from a local pick n pull type yard and swap in. I did this with the switch for my passenger front window switch as it was going out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom