I quit......how do I sell off (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
OK guys, I quit. I have run out of time to get my FJ 40 running (moving). It has been one drama after another. I am snake bit when it comes to getting my FJ running. Now my question. Do I sell it off in pieces or as a project. I have two FJs and almost all the parts for both.....I never thought it would come to this.....Thanks guys :-(

its more of a $$$$ vs. time vs. hassel question, and really only
you can decide what you want to do.

reasonably clean stockers sell as projects complete, IMO

Why don't you sell one, get the money. Then use that money to fix up the other one. I notice you only have 13 posts uphere, well there is a wealth of information here to help you get started, and I am sure there is a fellow cruiser head near you in Memphis. Don't quit, just sell one and start again on the other one. There is no time limit when you have to get this thing running. Mine sat in my garage for 2 years, while I tinkered on it. Finally got hooked up with Upstate Cruisers here in SC and started reading and posting threads here on mud, drank lots of beer, and scrub my knuckles a lot. Now it runs, still not where I want it, but I will get there one day. Most of this work has been done here and there, because I travel every week with my job and only have time to fiddle with it on the weekends. This should be an enjoyable hobby, if you get rid of one then you will be less overwhelmed and will respark that interest in that landcruiser.

Good Luck and if you need help PM me and I'll do all I can.

Later, Chuck

Again how much and pics...

Chuck

i hope you work it out and get to finish it but if you decide to sell put me on the list for pics and price. all or part. the main things i need is a repairable tub and a good frame but i would probaly buy a bunch more. sandmannb@bellsouth.net

I've got dibs on any old horn buttons!

when parting out a rig, you'll always be left with some stuff no body wants/needs. it would be easier to sell it all at once or twice, sell each rig as a project. then it all goes away.

They are a "73" and "74"

The wiring harness is questionable. The harness on the 73 is worthless and the 74 was without a hood for years. I have inventoried the parts and what I have in it. I will take some pics tomorrow. It may be easier to send pics via email..........rust free 74 FJ40, the new parts are BDS 2 1/2 lift kit, front fenders, shackles (hfs), gas tank (plastic), hood latches, all new brakes (cylinder, springs, shoes) master cylider, tune up stuff (plugs,wire,cap, rotor etc...). I have a large list of new parts as well as used. I am going to get a complete list in the next couple of days. I can not get the thing to start. I will go into detail when I get the list complete. Thanks for the good advise. I think I will try and sell the whole thing as a package. Thanks, David

Do you have the front hub caps from the 40? how about a headrest? I would also be interested in the wiper motor switch. I don't want to be a vulture but if you are going to be an organ supplier, I'm in need of a transplant. Pics please, prices, PM me if you want to. Thanks.

David TN,

I sent you a PM. I'm close (MS).

Good Luck

74 body

does the rust free 74 happen to be one of the ones with the rear tail gate and does the tub have a lot of dings and or holes in it? Thanks, RG. P.S. How much are you wanting for the 74?

I get fed up with my project too sometimes, being limited by budget and time and what ever, but every now and then I go wheeling with somebody else in there rig and I remember why I started in the first place. Read enough posts and you'll find a lot of guys who sold there first cruiser, kicked themselves for it for a while and then came back to the hobby. If it is in your blood you can't get away from it that easily. I think I would make a no B.S. assesment of the two you have, figure out which one is going to be better for your goals, and then liquidate the other. If you have to, spend the money to pay someone else to get some of the work done.

I cant post pics..but i can email some

I want to sell the whole lot. I have taken some pics I can email. I will have a complete new parts list tonight (14oct). Email me at dlovington@earthlink.net if you are interested. Thank you, David

Hi All:

David, sorry to hear that you are thinking of selling your Land Cruiser project!

Yes, it is very time and $$ consumative! But remember, it is the journey that counts, not the desitation!

Best of luck with the rig!

Regards,

Alan
Seattle

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom