I need window tint... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone have a recommendation for a shop in NW Austin, Cedar Park or Leander to get my windows tinted?

I've used Sun Tint on Burnet before with good results. I don't know where they're at now.

Found their website: Welcome to Sun Tint

My friends dad is the owner of Sunshades I know they have one NW somewhere I'd assume they are good I am always getting pictures of bentlys and what not that my friend is tinting.

I know there is one north somewhere thats the shop that my friend works at. There is also one on St. Elmo.

Thanks all - Prices are nearly identical and all offer lifetime warranty so I'll be picking the one that has an opening when I can get a break from work. Appreciate the feedback, great to have a few recommended options to choose from.

I went with this guy for the tint on the 60...did a nice job and offers lifetime warranty.

http://www.austinwindowtint.net/

Just a small one man shop on the SE side of town. Super nice guy, but you do have to make an appointment. Took about 2 hours total.

Edwin used him on his 62 as well.

Last edited:
As one person noted. Sunbusters is the place to go. Go to Sunbusters, ask for John to do your install, and tell Jim Baktash referred you. He will hook you up. John is one of the best, if not the beat tint guy in central Texas. His prices are not high either. Don't just go off of prices alone, tint is one of those things that takes an artistic eye and hand to get perfect.

who did you go with and how did it turn out? I need to tint the 4runner this week before we leave town.

Which way are you going into Mexico? You can get it done cheaper in Harlingen or McAllen. Just find a shop that uses name brand tint film.

I ended up at a little shop in cedar park called the "best tint shop". Price was fair, work was quality, and service was good working around my schedule. It was right on 1431 across the road from Bell Customs off road shop.

Which way are you going into Mexico? You can get it done cheaper in Harlingen or McAllen. Just find a shop that uses name brand tint film.
Dave, thanks for the tips but we're going thru Baja. I wanted to get it done cheap in Mexico, but we're going up the Pacific NW first then down thru Cali and I'd like to have the tint for extra security since everything we own will be loaded in the back of the 4runner.

Just went by Mother's on Lamar since we're around the corner from them. They seemed nice and it sounded like they could fit us in today, but we might wait until Monday for Sun Tint. They just have a better reputation so I'd feel warm and cozy going there. Quoted us $279 for carbon limo tint on all the rear windows and 35% for the front door windows.

25% on the front windows and whatever on the back.... Had to deal with this when I tried to register my truck after moving to Texas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom