I Need To Get The Truck Dirty! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
OK guys, I have had my truck for about 3 weeks now and have not really been out getting it dirty yet. I would like to find somewhere near by to go this weekend to test the truck out. I want to see what it can do, so I can start working on getting the extras for my rig. If anyone knows somewhere to go within an hour or so of Wichita Ks. I would greatly appreciate some insite.

BTW, I am completely stock.

Some pics of where I went last weekend, but this was all I could find....:frown:

712d.jpg

2c28.jpg

Thank you in advance for your time. Jeremy :beer:

Found a pretty cool place to go, down near haysville!

https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=57788&page=17

Just thought I would let you guys know, It's not the best place but if you want to get dirty and do a little wheelin. Just give me a yell and I can give directions to where its at, or if someone gets bored one weekend maybe we can get together and have some fun...:beer:

Thanks guys and have a good day! Jeremy:cheers:

Go North from Valley Center on Meridian. Eventually it becomes sand road. Bout oh 4 miles N. of start of sand road there is a dirt road on righthand side. Of course it should be mud now. Don't go alone. Trust me. Also Mud tires would be good. There also are some to the N. of Sedgwick,KS. running toward Halsted. Also look E. toward Butler & Greenwood Couty. Try Tallgrass N. of 400 hwy. And the road beond Beumont Airport. And the roads to the N. and S. of 400 hwy E. of there. Go explore. Ya got my cell # right?
Also some good news. There was a meeting of local law enforcment. Since the building of the canoe launch at 71st S. & the river. We now have access to the the high water area of the river. I just explored it last week. At least to the conflueance of the ditch. Not much but when river goes down should be more.
C Ya, Don

Go North from Valley Center on Meridian. Eventually it becomes sand road. Bout oh 4 miles N. of start of sand road there is a dirt road on righthand side. Of course it should be mud now. Don't go alone. Trust me. Also Mud tires would be good.

Left my 40 there overnite, spring, a few years ago. Keep heading west on that road, there's another section beyond the sand section that is tree lined and worse. In fact, if you take that road all the way to Broadway, there's a third section that is very muddy.

is it, um... legal to ride or drive the ditch? I saw one of sedg. co.'s finest talking to someone at 53rd N. and the ditch a few weeks back.

I would like to ride my bike in the vicinity, but I'm not sure to the legality or the enforcement of same.

I grew up here, but I'm a bit hesitant to do the stuff we did when we was kids...

is it, um... legal to ride or drive the ditch? I saw one of sedg. co.'s finest talking to someone at 53rd N. and the ditch a few weeks back.

I would like to ride my bike in the vicinity, but I'm not sure to the legality or the enforcement of same.

I grew up here, but I'm a bit hesitant to do the stuff we did when we was kids...

Nope, the ditch if off limits.... too many asshats being stupid screwed it up for everyone. Again.

The words I heard were, it is ok to be within the high water area of the big river. Problem is there is really no access to that area except where they built the canoe launch up and over the levey at 71st S. on the west side of the river and there is another canoe launch up nort of town. I have not looked at it.

Another good run semi localy, is out through the hills down to Medicin Lodge. There is a good loop to the S.W. of that town. Also look for towns of Lake City, Sun City, lunch stop at Busters, and Belvidear. Then head to the N.W. from there toward Greensburg, Big Well.

C Ya, Don

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom