Wanted I need those emissions parts you tore out ! - 1978 (FED) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
this is for all those out of CA and NY FJ40 owners who all rip out their emissions systems....
did anyone happen to Not throw away their system and happen to box any of it up (just in case type of situation)
I need emissions related parts and pieces and if anyone has these I would appreciate being able to make offers.

I just spent $1000 on what I thought was “complete” system, but need these important pieces to complete it lol..probably a miscommunication. waiting to hear back..ugh..help a fellow cruiser get his 40 out on the street and out of the garage.

VCV
VTV (Blue)
BVSV (Blue) and (Brown)
Charcoal Canister with hoses and Outer Vent Control Valve

0D08480F-E724-4E3E-B00D-E069941AAC7B.jpeg

Last edited:
here is supplement ... and I don’t think all these specific pieces Need to be 78 Fed - some are interchangeable with CA version (pretty sure at least - could be wrong), but it would be mind easing to know they came from a FED as that’s the system im recreating.

47AAC391-07C9-4586-B544-3993DE82636F.jpeg

Last edited:
here is supplement ... and I don’t think all these specific pieces Need to be 78 Fed - some are interchangeable with CA version (pretty sure at least - could be wrong), but it would be mind easing to know they came from a FED as that’s the system im recreating.

View attachment 2786799

I HAVE ALOT Of this KYLE

- BOTH BVSV good working order Blue and Brown

- VTV blue

- VCV

PM me or call my shop hot line right now please

i am up working pounding out shipping orders , i can help u and ship out tommorow

thanks matt

(1.3).png

(1.5) - Copy.png

(2.32).jpg

Also try City Racer - I've located a few of these things from him occasionally

Also try City Racer - I've located a few of these things from him occasionally
Ya they have a couple of them - and depending on everyone’s prices and quality of the part I’ll decide who to get from bec the city racer ones look clean

I have everything I asked for except Charcoal Canister with bracket / hoses and Outer Vent Control Valve (which is right near the canister on the set-up).

of course im trying to get the parts year range specific for comparability - I know the canisters are pretty wide ranging when it applies to whichever year so I would say off anything btw 76-78

but for the Outer Vent Control Valve I need that pretty specific to 1978 - thx

*but if there are judders that can game me on year compatibility etc - please do..

Thunder I PM-ed you

got the canister and valve thx - lets keep our fingers crossed the old valve works! lol - will test when I get it. found out in the manual how to bench test

What is your production date?

myy production date is 8/76-8/77 and on import (I believe) they slapped a 77 emissions sticker on my inner door. can't really explain why that would be other than that. because after major digging looking at some production numbers mine is a Canadian
im getting 77 and 78 smog parts and my smog guy will try and get it to pass one way or another ... I getting this damn thing to pass. 78 system is considerably more complicated (relative terms of course) compared to the 77 and 76 .. the VSV changed and they added parts to further reduce output of carbon/whatever, anyways thought being maybe more complicated, but if guy knows how to install either way, maybe more complicated means better output because of the added upgrades to the emission system

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom